June 2015 Moms
Options

Baby's Sleep at 4 Months

Re: Baby's Sleep at 4 Months

• Options
    @alcrimmins your LO might still be hungry. I stopped the MOTN feeding because I would slip her a pacifier before feeding. I knew she wasn't hungry because she would fall back asleep no problem. Maybe this bit me in the ass, because she now has an attachment to the paci, but she hasn't had a 1 am feed in a while. She does wake up around 5 to eat. Your LO seems like she's still hungry though, which is normal for this age.
  • Options
    @beemaya83 @cait7425
    Some nights she really seems hungry and I definitely feed her right away. I just changed her diaper and put her back in her crib. So far she's just playing and babbling, doesn't seem hungry but we'll see! Last night I also kept her up a little later (trying to move her bedtime back 30 min) and fed her a little more than normal.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @alcrimmins Have you tried using a different type or bigger sized diaper at night so that you won't have to change her? Maybe then not stimulating her will get you off the hook for a feeding.
  • Options
    @alcrimmins we did MOTN feeds until she dropped it in her own. One night she just slept through and kept it up for awhile. I let her lead and then we knew she was capable of going without that feed. Like you, I also didn't give her a full meal when we did wake up.
  • Options
    We do a bigger size at night. If I change LO, she is AWAKE!
  • Options
    Luvs works wonders at night. I've never seen something hold so much liquid.

If I'm going to feed her in the MOTN I change her first and then she gets sleepy while eating and off to sleep she goes. I also keep her very warm and cozy. I know all the SIDS lit tells you not to keep them too warm but we kept our house to 71 and she was still too cold and would flop around for hours. Now I put her in a onesie, fleece jammies, socks, and a fleece sleep sack and she isn't cold.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    She leaks out of Luvs like there's a river flowing in her room at night! She's fine in Luvs during the day. I did find the Huggies Snug & Dry ultra seem to work the best for her. No more leaks at night! I bought the Huggies size 3 overnights to try tonight. Hopefully this helps her stay asleep. I have tried almost every type of diaper there is b/c she blows out the diapers during the day and the Luvs seemed to fit her the best slat the time. Now she's chunking up and the Huggies seem to fit her now!
  • Options
    @alcrimmins lol so true!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 12/23/13 MMC 01/24/14 @ 9w5days

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

I worked with a sleep consultant because I wasn't sure how to sleep train twins ( the consultant I used has twins) they go to bed at 6 pm and wake up at 7am. Nap at 8:30 for 2 hours. Nap at 12:30 for 2 hours and then a cat nap around 3-4 for about 45 mins- this nap is usually on the go, like in the car seat or stroller). The sleep consultant works a schedule for you that goes with the babies natural sleep rhythm. She was $200.00 and it was worth every single cent. I highly recommend hiring one if you can afford it and was desperate like I was. They are 5.5 months old.

Do they naturally sleep that long for naps? Or did the consultant help you get them to do that?
  • Options
    I tried one night of Ferber's method this week. It took 45 minutes to get LO to sleep and he woke up an hour later, which doesn't sound normal in sleep training so I took that to mean he's not ready. I'll try again in a month. I liked the book though.
  • Options
    jesshrou said:

I tried one night of Ferber's method this week. It took 45 minutes to get LO to sleep and he woke up an hour later, which doesn't sound normal in sleep training so I took that to mean he's not ready. I'll try again in a month. I liked the book though.

I think that's the right choice.
  • Options

I worked with a sleep consultant because I wasn't sure how to sleep train twins ( the consultant I used has twins) they go to bed at 6 pm and wake up at 7am. Nap at 8:30 for 2 hours. Nap at 12:30 for 2 hours and then a cat nap around 3-4 for about 45 mins- this nap is usually on the go, like in the car seat or stroller). The sleep consultant works a schedule for you that goes with the babies natural sleep rhythm. She was $200.00 and it was worth every single cent. I highly recommend hiring one if you can afford it and was desperate like I was. They are 5.5 months old.

Interesting. What did she work on with you?

Our nap schedule is quite similar, but at night my guy just can't stay asleep.
  • Options
    My LO is addicted to her paci. At night she's better, but during naps it is the only things that will soothe her back to sleep 99% of the time. She's also gotten into the throwing phase. So now I have to haul my fat a$$ down to the ground to search for this damn thing to get her to go back to sleep. Wonderful.
  • Options
    ^so cute! Yeah, everybody says the sprinkle the pacifiers in the crib, but she isn't able to locate them just yet. I love the bucket idea.
  • Options
    She basically said that there are certain times during the day ( internal clock) that babies sleep. She made sure the sleep environment was correct , black out, white noise etc. she gave me a schedule and I've just been following it and doing everything she said. They wake up at 7am and I thought there is no way that they will be tired by 8:30am but sure enough, I put them down and they went right to sleep, it's all about hitting certain times for sleep.
  • Options

She basically said that there are certain times during the day ( internal clock) that babies sleep. She made sure the sleep environment was correct , black out, white noise etc. she gave me a schedule and I've just been following it and doing everything she said. They wake up at 7am and I thought there is no way that they will be tired by 8:30am but sure enough, I put them down and they went right to sleep, it's all about hitting certain times for sleep.

The sleep consultant helped me with that, she said it's all about hitting certain times for sleep

• Options
    Lol wow clearly I haven't been using this app for a little while because I forget how to tag anyone in anything haha.
  • Options
    What are the other times that for sleep?! I need to know
  • Options

@cait7425 Can you use the little clips that clip the pacifier to her clothes? CC went threw a throwing phase. Luckily she prefers her thumb and it's always right there. Thank goodness she only sucks her thumb when she's hungry or tired.

We use the soothers that have nothing to clip onto. It's not a big deal, just a pain. Thanks though!
  • Options
    @Emilywooddesign s'ok, bumping is like riding a bike.... Good to see you back active! How is life with twins?
  • Options
    I was thinking about you @Emilywooddesign ! How ya doin'??
  • Options
    "sleep" and "4 months" should not be allowed in the same sentence. Up every 3 hours is the best night of sleep I got this week. It was only one night though. It's usually every 1-2 hours. I wish I appreciated the 5 hour stretches I used to get. Oh, the good ol' days!
  • Options
    @Emilywooddesign says "it's not as much work as I thought it would be". Pshaw! I only have one and its so much work. We got supermom over here! ;) Actually, my sister also said it was easier with two once they reached a certain age because they entertained and helped each other. That's kinda neat actually, something I hadn't thought of with twins
  • Options

"sleep" and "4 months" should not be allowed in the same sentence. Up every 3 hours is the best night of sleep I got this week. It was only one night though. It's usually every 1-2 hours. I wish I appreciated the 5 hour stretches I used to get. Oh, the good ol' days!

THIS!!! Sleep regression my butt...
  • Options
    We really need to move LO to the next size sleepsack because of length. We tried it one night and it's so baggy she just chews on all the loose fabric like a wild woman! Her current sack that's too short has the swaddle flaps that we use to sort of hold the loose fabric down over her belly - I wish the bigger ones had that. Anyone else run into this and have a solution?
  • Options
    @swaugh14 I use the size large swaddle me & Velcro it under her arms with her arms out so kind of works like a sleep sack & there is no loose fabric up top for her to suck on. Says up to 20 lbs but probably could be used longer since swaddling below her arms.
  • Options
    5 months on Monday and we're still in the 4 month sleep regression.
  • Options
    Yesterday lo's dr told us that it's great she's sleeping so well now, but be aware than sometime between 4-6 months they forget how to sleep and are awake every couple of hours. All I could think was, ya no kidding, I think it's called the 4 month sleep regression.
  • Options
    I can't wait until he sleeps through the night... He's been waking every hour overnight. The longest he's slept in one stint is 3 hours since the regression started(before it started he would wake once a night)

Le sigh
  • Options
    Los been sleeping 8-6/630 since I started him on cereal! We use oatmeal actually the rice cereal was making him constipated! He loves oatmeal plain or mixed with veggies, he eats oatmeal when we eat dinner and he loves sitting in his high chair with us at the table. Then he plays for about a half hour, takes s bath, bottle, book then bed. I think the warm bath every night is really helpful for his sleep schedule also.
  • Options

I can't wait until he sleeps through the night... He's been waking every hour overnight. The longest he's slept in one stint is 3 hours since the regression started(before it started he would wake once a night)

Le sigh

Ditto this. I'm slowly actually accepting it, after a month of pretending but not really accepting it.

But LO has missed his short, final afternoon nap the past two days. Is 5 months too early to drop a nap? Just coincidence, or another fun part of sleep dodging?
  • Options

Le sigh

Ditto this. I'm slowly actually accepting it, after a month of pretending but not really accepting it.

But LO has missed his short, final afternoon nap the past two days. Is 5 months too early to drop a nap? Just coincidence, or another fun part of sleep dodging?
    DD has been doing this about half the time the past week...not super fun to pick her up at daycare and have her immediately be cranky for bed way too early.

Today she napped poorly and tonight after feeding her for 45 minutes, waiting for her to pass out, she just snapped awake and was laughing at the ceiling fan. No. I put her in her crib wide ass awake and somehow god smiled upon me...she thrashed for about 10 minutes but eventually fell asleep. Fingers crossed that this lasts and she doesn't mistakenly think it's just a nap. I will cry. She woke up at 5am today, mom and dad are worn out.