Just need to vent- feeling overwhelmed — The Bump
Multiples

Just need to vent- feeling overwhelmed

I just need to get this off my chest- I have twin 11wo's and it seems they are both such hard babies! I hear people talk about their babies who STTN and are content to sit and play in a bouncer or whatever and I am so jealous. I am finding myself envious of my friends with singletons. DH is helpful but we have no family close and our friends all work or have their own kids so I feel bad asking them to help. I am a SAHM now, and I literally do not have a baby in my arms all day until they go to sleep at night. I just want a break longer than 10 minutes or to take a nap or eat a meal without rushing in case one starts screaming. I would like to be able to watch a tv program with my husband. I know it will pass but it's just really hard right now.

Re: Just need to vent- feeling overwhelmed

• I'm sorry it is so hard right now. I'm sure you are doing a great job and I hope it gets easier soon. I am lucky, I have a lot of help and I STILL get overwhelmed by my 15 week old boys--some days are better than others, just hang in there.

Good luck!
  • I feel like I could have written this myself. We live in another country from family and friends. My twins are 9 months old and I STILL struggle with singleton envy. My babies were colicky and really high needs. The early days were so, so, so, so hard. Don't get me wrong; it's still hard now! But not as hard as it used to be. I still don't get breaks because my 9 month olds are incapable of napping for longer than 30 minutes. But they have moments where they entertain each other and I can take a hot shower or eat a full meal without holding a baby or breastfeeding or changing a poopy diaper. I call that progress! 

I haven't watched a full TV show with my husband in 9 months, though. :)

Hang in there. It gets better. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

EmJ628FunnyGal18
  • Loading the player...
  • I was just about to give you some big motivational pep talk and then my two one-year-olds just lost it and started screaming. 20 minutes later, they are finally down for a nap and I found myself on the verge of screaming because some days are just that hard. Take it one day at a time fellow twin mama, you are doing a wonderful job!
    spoonlegEmJ628FunnyGal18
  • My twins aren't here yet but my first had terrible reflux. It was very hard for the first 6 months and then things started to calm down. This might not help right now but it will get better, it just might take linger than you'd like.
  • My twins are five months now. It's almost like a light switched and my terrible colicky one became lovely. My days are much more enjoyable. We are actually traveling through Europe with them now and it hasn't been bad at all :)

It gets better!