Infertility
Options

Newbie Question: what CD was your IUI and how long is your cycle?

I apologize if this topic was already posted a bunch of times, I'm new to the forums and this is my first IUI (and my last I decided).

The uncertainty in the process has become a little frustrating, my cycles are irregular to begin with but I thought with the injections we would have a little more control over that. I'm on 112.5 IU follistim and today was my CD 10 ultrasound and blood work. Even though I have lots of follicles I'm not showing any dominant ones and the nurses were hesitant to give be a ballpark date (I'll hear from the doctor later today but I doubt he'll tell me anything different).

I was hoping to be able to travel next weekend for a friends bridal shower (which will be CD 18-20), and in pre-anticipation of the IUI date I requested off work CD 16-17. So now I'm thinking I should probably tell work I'll be there CD 16 (I'm an independent contractor, when I don't go in I don't get paid)-which is 6 days from now...and I guess I"ll probably be missing my girlfriends bridal shower. Thank God I didn't book a flight-which I almost did last night.

So my question ladies is what day what your IUI and how long are your cycles normally?

Re: Newbie Question: what CD was your IUI and how long is your cycle?

• Options
    My cycles are normally 30 days. My latest IUI was on Cd13. I was on tamoxifen and clomid. This is my last iui too. Good luck!
    TTC #1 since August 2013
    Unexplained/ Endo
    Medicated IUIs # 1-3 BFN
    IVF #1- BFN
    FET #1- BFP; Ectopic pregnancy found at 7wks
    FET #2- February 2017 BFP  Beta #1- 119 (8dp5dt) Beta #2- 475 (12dp5dt)
  • Options
    Last IUI was CD10 - 24-26 day w monitored cycles.

Why are you taking off work for 2 days? IUI takes 20 minutes and back to work I go.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    my cycles range anywhere from 28-35 days.. my 1st two IUI's were both on CD 14 & 15.. this current IUI cycle is my 1st with injections..i am on 200 iu of gonal F and i will be having IUI on CD 10 & 11.. last month i was only on 75 iu of gonal F and had a bunch of 12 mm follicles at CD 11 & they stopped growing. we had to cancel the cycle.. it may be that your current dose of follistim may not be high enough. i was told that the 1st injectable IUI cycle is all about figuring out that right dose for you.. some people get lucky & the starter dose works for them. i know it can be frustrating and i was so upset when i was told we had to cancel last cycle bec i just didn't understand everything about how injectables work. i was on enough meds to produce a lot of follicles but not enough to keep them growing above 12 mm. bec of the higher dose i am on now, i will have 3-5 mature follicles for IUI this weekend. i hope this helps & best of luck to you! 
  • Options
    My cycles are normally 30 days. My latest IUI was on Cd13. I was on tamoxifen and clomid. This is my last iui too. Good luck!

Thank you !! It would be super convenient if I can have IUI on CD 13-14 and it doesn't look like it's happening.  Are you planning on moving to IVF if this fails?

• Options
    bsckgb7 said:
    Last IUI was CD10 - 24-26 day w monitored cycles. Why are you taking off work for 2 days? IUI takes 20 minutes and back to work I go.

Thanks! I would loved to have a CD10 IUI.    What about the sperm washing?  It's my understanding that from the time they get the sample from DH to the time it's prepared it's about 1.5-2 hours, so they send us off to lunch and we come for IUI hoping they were able to get a good sample (in our case we're dealing with male factor).   At our center, with IUI w/ injectable they do 2 IUI back to back on consecutive days.  I could go back to work for half days, but my job involves a lot of running around on feet I would rather play it safe and go home and relax.
  • Options
    my cycles range anywhere from 28-35 days.. my 1st two IUI's were both on CD 14 & 15.. this current IUI cycle is my 1st with injections..i am on 200 iu of gonal F and i will be having IUI on CD 10 & 11.. last month i was only on 75 iu of gonal F and had a bunch of 12 mm follicles at CD 11 & they stopped growing. we had to cancel the cycle.. it may be that your current dose of follistim may not be high enough. i was told that the 1st injectable IUI cycle is all about figuring out that right dose for you.. some people get lucky & the starter dose works for them. i know it can be frustrating and i was so upset when i was told we had to cancel last cycle bec i just didn't understand everything about how injectables work. i was on enough meds to produce a lot of follicles but not enough to keep them growing above 12 mm. bec of the higher dose i am on now, i will have 3-5 mature follicles for IUI this weekend. i hope this helps & best of luck to you! 

Thank you for sharing with me.  One of the reasons why I'm on a lower dose is because I have lots of follicles, on CD 3 before starting injections I had over 20 follicles on each ovary and as the nurse put it "we're trying to get you pregnant, not trying to get you on a magazine cover" so my doc is being conservative on the dose.  Today was CD10 and the largest follicle was 9mm.  I can understand how frustrating it would be to have a cancelled cycle.  We were informed before that if for some reason we're not able to move forward in our cycle the 2600 we paid would go towards credit to the next cycle or to IVF.  Good luck, keep us updated!

• Options
    Wow! Congrats on the crazy number of follies! That's great and slow lead in is good.

Don't be surprised if a couple jump ahead in the next day or two. After 10mm, follies can grow really fast (~2mm or more a day!) on injects. CD 16 still seems realistic to me if you're at 9mm on cd10! They may trigger you CD14 or 15 if you have anything above 18mm. FX and good luck on your cycle! I know it's disruptive, but you can do this!
  • Options
    @amma31 yes, IVF would be the next step. Not sure how we'd afford it though.
    TTC #1 since August 2013
    Unexplained/ Endo
    Medicated IUIs # 1-3 BFN
    IVF #1- BFN
    FET #1- BFP; Ectopic pregnancy found at 7wks
    FET #2- February 2017 BFP  Beta #1- 119 (8dp5dt) Beta #2- 475 (12dp5dt)
  • Options
    @amma31 , like @HBMama2B said, they can grow quickly from there. Went I went in for CD9 monitoring on my last cycle, I just had a bunch at 10mm. Went back 2 days later (CD11), and one of them had made it to 18mm. On CD12, I had one 19, two 15 and a 14. I ended up getting my IUI on CD13. I was on Femara and then on a low dose of Follistim, and didn't respond as well as as quickly as with Femara only, but that one mature follie was all I needed to make it work. It's a frustrating process, but give your body a chance! Good luck!
  • Options
     Thannk you! Yes we'll take all the good news we can so I'm thankful to at least have lots of follicles, even though having lots of follicles is not an indication of egg quality.  I would be really happpy if we can get this done on CD 14!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing, so if you don't mind did you have success on your IUI?
  • Options
    @amma31 : yes, worked for me. I'm currently 9w5d with one little bean (which I'm convinced was that one egg on the right...just had tons of weird feelings on that side in the days following, but know that most people don't feel much if anything)
  • Options
    @kidshrink so excited for you and I hope all goes well!
  • Options
    Today was CD13 and my biggest follicle is 12.5....sigh.  I originally requested thursday off but told my boss to go ahead and put me back on the schedule for thursday. This uncertainty is frustrating, I don't know how people can do multiple cycles of this.
  • Options
    After reading this thread I feel a little
    Better. I went in for u/s today. Cd10 and only had 1 follicle on my good ovary size 10. The other 2 are 10/11 but on my side with no tube. I have to go back in 2 days to check again.
    I am sad I only have one on my good side. I'm not sure what to expect now.
  • Options
    @Krista537 i only had one follicle this month as well, it is a little disappointing, but it only takes one! My FX for you!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Options
    @vssbrm thank you! Im a little sad. iy wasn't what I expected to hear. And the size was much smaller than my last iui at this time. I'm trying not to be a downer.
  • Options
    Krista537 said:

After reading this thread I feel a little
    Better. I went in for u/s today. Cd10 and only had 1 follicle on my good ovary size 10. The other 2 are 10/11 but on my side with no tube. I have to go back in 2 days to check again.
    I am sad I only have one on my good side. I'm not sure what to expect now.

On my CD13 ultrasound the biggest was 12, I had 3 over 10 on one side and one on the other side. Tomorrow is CD 15 I just hope I hear we can do it this weekend! Don't feel bad, we're in the same boat !
  • Options
    @amma31 good luck to you. I hope so too!
  • Options
    So today was CD 16 and my biggest one was 17, not quite there yet And won't be tomorrow :( I've got 7 follicles over 12 so they lowered my dose from 112.5 iu follistim back to 75. So I've got lots of follicles but they're taking their sweet time to mature
  • Options
    @amma31 Is there an update? Did your follicles mature?
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• Options
    AyeWat said:

@amma31 Is there an update? Did your follicles mature?</blockquotei

I had a doubly IUI on CD 19 and 20 (last Sunday and Monday). I had 5 that 17 and over
    And 12 over 10. We had the termination / reduction discussion. Beta is in 1 week Friday the 23 !

Where r u in the process now ?

• Options
    @amma31 I'm waiting on AF so that I can start Femara with injections. My first IUI is next month.

FX for your BFP!
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• Options
    AyeWat said:
    @amma31 I'm waiting on AF so that I can start Femara with injections. My first IUI is next month. FX for your BFP!
    Definitely keep me updated!!