December 2015 Moms
Options

Baby Books?

edited October 2015 in December 2015 Moms
Are you doing them or not? Are you just making a photo album? Are you a 21st century all tech girl who will make an online album for your baby documenting every moment and even including videos? Are you super classic and will be or have purchased a fill in the blank baby book? Or are you like me and making the baby book scrapbook style?

Here is page one!

All that I still need to do for this page is write a little note in the green polka dot area about how excited we are to meet him and how amazing it is to see and feel him growing.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Books?

• Options
    Adorable!!

I will be buying a fill in the blank book. :) I loved reading mine and my brothers books growing up!
  • Options
    DH and I bought a notebook at the beginning of the pregnancy where we've recorded everything. We'll continue to buy notebooks until she's 18 and we plan on giving them to her when she graduates high school. I eventually want to start a scrapbook, but I'm not crafty so it'll probably just be a fancy photo album :))
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @sunny2015 Sticker packs are a scrapbookers best friend. If you are interested, I would browse pinterest for a while and get an idea of the style you want and then hit up Micheals or Hobby Lobby with a budget. 

I gave myself $40 to get started. I found the book itself a cheap plain navy blue vinyl scrapbook with 20 page insets. Then, I got myself three page backdrops. the tree trunk one for this page, a deep green Christmas tree printed one for birth/1st Christmas (Im due 4 days before so they will probably be one and the same). And a nice, textured blue page for the baby shower, I think, if I get good pics, otherwise it'll be a mommy and daddy page. Then I got raised sticker packs. For around $4 a pack you get WAAAY more stickers than you need. I got two things of baby boy related stuff, and then one with snowmen and one with stockings. The pretty raised ones look the best and give your work the clean, professional look.

But in all honesty with craftiness, like parenting, you fake it, til you make it! :-D
  • Options
    @momotheflyinglemur thank you! Didn't even think about pintrest! :)
  • Options
    Also, Michael's and Hobby Lobby usually have amazing sales. Keep an eye out! :)
  • Options
    OP yours is so cute! I love it :x
    I've got a baby book that documents my pregnancy and first year of baby, it has pictures of scans, me and my SO, baby photos of us etc, how we felt during scans etc.
    I'll also be making photo albums, just for me to keep- I'm quite arty so I like handmade projects :)
  • Options
    I'm a scrapbooker too. Though so far all I've done is start buying supplies. I got a super cute scrapbook at hobby lobby on sale, I have some pages to work with, and some stickers. But I've been crazy with work since I got it all, so I haven't even managed to start the pages I can do, like the ultrasounds, weekly bump pics, baby shower, etc. We'll see when I start. I still haven't done anything to put together my wedding scrapbook, and we've been married for 3.5 years. I wish I could have a week to do nothing but scrapbook, it would get done then!
  • Options
    I have one for DD. I will also do one for this LO even though I haven't got the book yet.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    mac-n-cheesymac-n-cheesy member
    edited October 2015
    I would LOVE to scrap book mine but I will probably do a fill-in-the blank type one since I tend to go overboard with creative projects and it gets expensive fast! I found one at B&N that I'll likely get.
    I was the second child so my baby book has my hospital keepsakes and that's it! /:)
    @momotheflyinglemur I love what you've done and Oliver is a great name!

*edited due to personal brain issues
  • Options
    I have a fill in the blank book that also has some pages where you can attach things like ultrasound pics. I stapled our hospital bracelets in there, too. It isn't really a scrapbook, but I made it one.

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have a fill in the blank one for DS and will get one for Bun as well. My grandmother bought them for my mom with both of her kids so it's been a big deal for her to do the same for me. It's been so fun looking back at mine and comparing DS's growth and milestones.

@lynem29 I'm the second child and mine actually has a lot more in it. Funny how that can happen. My mom felt bad about not filling in more with my brother's and tried a lot harder with mine.
  • Options
    I keep myself on a limit of like 5 pics per page so they don't get over crowded. I have also planned out the kind of pages I am going to have. I almost want it to be kind of seasonal. :-D I will post the next few pages once I have them started. 
  • Options
    @Mizuiro007 that's awesome! You are lucky it went that way. I was completely the stereotypical forgotten middle child and have vowed to make sure I don't let that happen to any subsequent children DH and I might be lucky enough to one day bring into this world.
  • Options
    @lynem29 I already know I'm lucky. She's no more perfect than anyone else but my mom is a great mother and nana. I've told her before, if I can even come close to being the mom she is I'll be doing fantastic.
  • Options
    Any recommendations for us not so crafty moms?  If you are buying a baby book, where are you getting yours?  I'm looking online and it's hard to pick one, you can only see a few of the pages.  I'm looking for something classic and gender neutral.  
  • Options
    @RSB1982 We got DS's at Babies R Us and maybe get one for Bun at BuyBuyBaby. They seem to have the best selection of the stores around us. I looked on line but got frustrated at not being at to look that closely at them, like you mentioned. We also got a matching photo album and nice keepsake box to keep everything together.
  • Options
    RSB1982 said:

Any recommendations for us not so crafty moms?  If you are buying a baby book, where are you getting yours?  I'm looking online and it's hard to pick one, you can only see a few of the pages.  I'm looking for something classic and gender neutral.  

Hobby lobby has a lot of gender neutral books.
  • Options
    Thanks @Mizuiro007 and @ammnam14.  I probably need to make this purchase in person so I can take a closer look.  I'm just lazy and love to online shop, haha.

@momoftheflyinglemur yours looks great!  
  • Options
    @RSB1982 If you do decide to get one online, try focusing on books that are loose leaf. That way you can take pages out that you don't like or add others you prefer from packages that are available, make your own of you feel crafty, or add extra note or photo pages.
  • Options
    I checked out the ones on Buy Buy Baby they are super cute and online they have a wide variety, also they are formatted 3 ring binder style so if you want to change something or add/remove pages it looks pretty user friendly. :-)
  • Options
    Yes, the three ring binder is a great idea.  Thanks ladies!