March 2016 Moms
Options

***UO for Thursday, October 1***

2»

Re: ***UO for Thursday, October 1***

• Options
    kitteh81kitteh81 member
    edited October 2015
    I never understood why everyone in Frozen is so aghast at Anna's love-at-first-sight claims, all "You can't marry someone you just met!" Apparently that was a big move away from the usual Disney theme, and everyone was lauding the change.

But then the trolls, supposed Love Experts, try to coerce Anna into marriage with Christoph the same day that they met. Hypocrites!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ecwk said:
    Ok, here goes mine, and I also don't want a debate or to offend anyone, but... I don't like how all these celebrities and people are showing breast feeding photos...like I'm so conservative that it embarrasses me to see a bare boob popped out in public. Yes, do it in public, I know breast feeding is awesome, but please just cover up your bare naked boob in public with a blanket or scarf or whatever. And that military photo with all the ladies breast feeding in uniform? Ugh. I was in the military and I think that was bad. Please, cover up your boobies ladies! Awkward...
    Not trying to argue with you but if it bothers you so much, why don't you just look away and move on? I never understand this. If I see something I don't like, that's not harming anyone and that isn't my business (for example a tasteless outfit or a couple engaging in gross PDA in a bar) then I just roll my eyes and keep going.

I would much rather accidentally see a boob than have to listen to a screaming kid. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @bntfroggie OMG that has been my go to combo... Mmmmm Arby's.  Don't know if anyone else does this, but I put the Arby's sauce on my curly fries :) My dad does that.
    I get that combo once a week because I have a serious Arby's addiction. I mix the Horsey sauce and the Arby's sauce together and then dip the curly fries and the Beef & Cheddar into it.
    Image result for can i interest you in a sarcastic comment
    Me: 33  DH: 34
    DS1: March 18, 2016
    DS2: due June 7, 2018
  • Options
    I know I'm suppose to want a healthy baby no matter what but I really really really want a girl. Just the idea of a daughter to teach eveything I know and do things with makes me happy. The idea of a boy scares me just a bit. I'll find out during my anatomy scan in a couple weeks hopefully. If it's a boy I'm gonna be disappointed but I know I'll get over it and I'm sure I will grow to love him and still do fun things with him but I'll still be longing for that mother daughter bond.

My other UO is that I feel like every one else is more excited about me having a baby than I am! It's cool to feel movement and every thing but I'm just more anxious than anything. I AM happy. Don't get me wrong but caring for babies is scary to me. I train dogs so I could handle a whole house full of puppies but babies are so fragile. I don't have a clue. I'm hoping my overobsession with being prepared will help me.
  • Options
    Thanks! You make good points. I actually don't get along that well with my own mom but she was a bit of a workaholic and I just developed into my own nature loving self who spent more time outside watching birds and catching frogs than doing "girly" things so I might end up with a girly girl but im ok with that. I just have the heart of a teacher and love opening young people's eyes to new things so I'll be fine no matter what. What I'll really need to worry about is if he or she ends up with a personality like DH and I. We were both highly intelligent manipulative terrors growing up haha. I'm in trouble.
  • Options
    smushi said:

@elle313 oh that made me laugh so hard I spit out my jello!

Early FFFC:  I wish I had some jello...

@bntfroggie OMG that has been my go to combo... Mmmmm Arby's.  Don't know if anyone else does this, but I put the Arby's sauce on my curly fries :) My dad does that.

I'm a supper weirdo and love the horsey sauce and put it on my fries, sandwich...everything. Now I really want Arby's!!
  • Options
    @sahmrey although I like Frozen enough, the way they changed Hans into a bad guy at the end and everything totally, *really* bugs the crap out of me forever. I found some pretty cool fan theory about it that kind of made it feel a little better, but I agree that they screwed it up. They either needed to go back and start over, or stick with their original plot.

kitteh81 said:
    I never understood why everyone in Frozen is so aghast at Anna's love-at-first-sight claims, all "You can't marry someone you just met!" Apparently that was a big move away from the usual Disney theme, and everyone was lauding the change. But then the trolls, supposed Love Experts, try to coerce Anna into marriage with Christoph the same day that they met. Hypocrites!

Maybe if there wasn't so much hype around the movie and people telling me it was "Disney's BEST MOVIE EVER", I probably wouldn't hate it so much?  I don't know.  I had very high expectations going in.  Yes for sure to the troll thing---that's one of the things that REALLY bugs me!!  And I felt like it was SO random and didn't make sense or follow along with the storyline at all!  I hated that Elsa had powers and Anna didn't and that they never explained why that is.  Or that other than when they were really young, Elsa and Anna's relationship sucked/was non-existent!  I would've loved to see them bond more BEFORE the very end of the movie. Anyway, let me stop my rant there!!  *It's just a Disney movie...it's just a Disney movie...*

P.S. One of my daughters has chosen "Frozen" as her theme for her birthday party this year, much to my friends' delight.

• Options

Is it weird that I have always hated what everyone else tends to fall head over heels in love with? Don't get me wrong I enjoyed Frozen and High School Musical when the came out, but I became super annoyed and against the entire concept-even watching it once everyone went ga-ga over it. I can't stand when society wears out themes it just gets on my nerves.

UO:

I hate that my thighs touch. I know that is lame, but I can feel it every time I walk. I also hate shaving :P I feel like this isn't a great UO because most females feel the same but I still wanted to voice my angst of the day!

Also @kitkatbird I didn't have a great relationship with my mom until I was an adult, but for some reason I love that I am having a girl and I hope I can learn from certain mistakes or what not how to better my relationship. I feel like it's definitely possible to build a great relationship :) Although, I have no doubt she will be a daddy's girl. I have an uncontrollable fear that I will be the "bad guy" and he will always be the "good guy". *sigh

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    here is the really great fan theory i mentioned (i LOVED The Snow Queen as a kid)
    Hans *as* The Mirror
    https://imgur.com/gallery/fNQ0K

and here is another theory that isn't as great
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/comments/3bx0vu/frozen_the_trolls_turn_hans_evil/

and im sure everyone has heard the one where :
    https://disneytheory.com/2014/03/24/thefrozentheory/

(@sahmrey - i am a big fantheory geek haha)

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama! 
  • Options
    kitteh81kitteh81 member
    edited October 2015
    Ok, that Hansen as a Mirror theory is brilliant. And it seems like it's deeper than just a fan theory, if the writers mentioned it in an interview too.
  • Options

here is the really great fan theory i mentioned (i LOVED The Snow Queen as a kid)
    Hans *as* The Mirror
    https://imgur.com/gallery/fNQ0K

and here is another theory that isn't as great
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FanTheories/comments/3bx0vu/frozen_the_trolls_turn_hans_evil/

and im sure everyone has heard the one where :
    https://disneytheory.com/2014/03/24/thefrozentheory/

(@sahmrey - i am a big fantheory geek haha)

Wow, thanks for sharing!!!! I love fantheory stuff, as well!!! I have heard the Frozen/Tangled/The Little Mermaid connection before, which I like. I disagree that Elsa and Rapunzel being cousins (and blonde) explains Elsa's powers. Rapunzel's powers are from the golden flower, which wasn't some special magic gene from her mother, so it doesn't make sense that Rapunzel's uncle/Elsa's father would have some magic gene to pass on to his daughter.

Although I still have alot of other issues with Frozen, I do LOVE reading that about Hans being the mirror!!! I love stuff like that and found that very interesting!! I may actually watch the movie one last time so I can critique this new theory!
  • Options
    Agree with you about the golden hair/flower @sahmrey :)
    @kitteh81 it's definitely deeper! If you have time to check out HCA's The Snow Queen, the mirror is a big part of it. It was my mama's favorite story as a little girl, so she read it to me a lot as a kid. It's really great!

March 2016 siggy: babies - expectation vs reality

Brian's Whovian wife (5/'09) 
    AP, BF, BW, CD, CLW, CS, ERF, Catholic mama 
    to Evan (7/'10), Clare (8/'11), Dean (3/'14), ^F(12/'15)^, Rose (3/'16)
    *no longer a Timelord ~ WibblyWobbly BabyWaby is here!*
    <3 but i still feel bigger on the inside <3
     Autism mama!