December 2015 Moms

kick counter??

So I'm a STM. I never heard of this kick counter thing. I read if baby doesn't have xx kicks in xx time call the Dr.... I never did anything like this with my first! Idk if its totally necessary! I do have an anterior placenta this time. I don't feel my baby as much as I did w/ my son! A few days ago I didn't feel baby hardly at all. I was up and walking most of the day. Idk if that's Y I didn't feel baby kick at all! I felt a little but no kicks or big movements! Idk if I should learn the kick counter because I have an anterior placenta and feel baby less? I'm low risk, I do worry about the placenta previa (if that's the right terminology for placenta coming off) I only worry because its anterior. I don't know what causes that though. But I'll be 28 weeks tomorrow! Any info on the use or need to use this kick counter thing is helpful thank you!

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• I have a follow up question, my PA said that if I get to 10 (she said in an hour) I'm good for the day! Anyone else hear this? I think I (unofficially) count kicks like 3 times a day. It's almost become obsessive compulsive. I usually get 10 within the first 20 min.
  • Did you not see the post that was already made about this? There is no reason to repost the same question over and over. Use the search feature our scan the first page or two please.
  • armywife8289armywife8289 member
    edited September 2015
    @BP1979 I searched the first page or two. I did not see anything. But may have missed... But I didn't use the search function. But to me you sound hostile. No sense in being rude!

Ok! I always thought if I felt movements I was good! With my first I felt him often when I was up n walking!! He was pretty active! This baby is a whole different story. I just read very briefly and seen a big thing lately about the diary log your suppose to keep n make sure baby is ok. Sounded obsessive to me! To know how many times your baby kicks in an hour! Nothing I have done has really instigated my baby to start kicking! But I'm only 28 weeks... Thanks guys!:)
  • I would just ask your Dr or midwife about your specific situation with an anterior placenta. I have one and feel baby around it but I work 12 hr shifts and am moving the entire time, so I don't really feel the baby much till I get home and settle. I feel the baby everyday but maybe not always 10 in an hour or two. You would already know if you have previa if you had a 20 week ultrasound, it's not really connected to an anterior placenta.
  • @armywife8289 no one is hostile it's just common courtesy to look around a bit. I know you are fairly active on the board and know these things. We just don't want to waste our time posting on 4 different kick forums if people aren't going to pay attention to our answers anyways. That's all no hostility.