September 2015 Moms
Options

Baby clothes question

At what age can we start buying the really cute stuff? I know now they grow really fast so sleep and plays work best. But when do they start slowing down some? I want to buy dresses and cute outfits, but I want her to wear them more than a few times. LO is almost 4 weeks and we'll be moving up to the 3mo size because nb isn't long enough for her body or legs. Finally when nb fits her weight she gets too long for them... ugh lol. Just curious when it would be okay to waste a little money on clothes :) 

Also a little picture of the face she always makes! Wearing a bow tha'ts waaay to big for her head haha.

Re: Baby clothes question

• Options
    With my first, I have a couple of cute 3 month outfits for going out. I also had a few for 6 months. I started doing more dresses and cute outfits around 9 months because we went out more and she stayed in those sizes longer.

And that picture is so adorable!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• Options
    Never! At 2.5, I still feel like my DD blows through clothes.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My daughter was/is super tall, so we always had to buy larger sizes for the length. She's also super skinny so we had to cinch the waist (thankfully lots of places do adjustable waist lines!). Once she was in 24 month/2T she wore things for much longer as her width caught up to her height. I'm finding some of the 5T stuff I bought last winter still (barely) fits, even though we buy 6x now. 7/8 also fits her reasonably well due to her height.
  • Options
    @TeacherMom210 Thank you :) 9 months seems like such a long time to wait. I might just splurge a little now and get her some cute ones. 

@JessicaS0914 That's what everyone tells me, clothes and shoes never last.

@jbettles I feel like my daughter will be the same. She's skinny but long with long little legs so everything fits weird. She looks like she's swimming in the 3 month size but it fits her length. I think we'll be buying a lot of dresses, they might last a little longer, hopefully.

• Options
    We have lots of cute dresses and outfits in all sizes. I bought a lot of them at consignment shops so that I got cute stuff but didn't pay full price for it. The only dress I have not put on her is a beautiful smocked dress a friend bought. I am waiting for the perfect time for her to wear it. I'm afraid she might outgrow it first. I love the dress in her one month picture. I let her wear this when we went to my work.
  • Options
    At 2, my daughter has been wearing some things for nearly a year! She's long and thin so they just get shorter not tighter. I found at 9 months we started getting a few more miles on everything. It depends when they have their growth spurts.
  • Options
    3-6m stuff fit DD1 for a while, some of it she was in at 1 month (with jeans cuffed, or a dress over a plain sleeper), and the dresses fit til 8 months. Then 1T started fitting at 8-9mo and the shirts lasted til she was 2. Pants never last here because of length, but shirts and dresses last for ages.
  • Options
    if you can hold out for Black Friday shopping I recommend picking up some outfits that will fit her end of this year/into next year and some things she could fit in around this time next year. 12-18month and bigger. I've made some good purchases for clothes during Black Friday sales the past couple years so this baby girl won't need anything as she gets all her big sister's clothing. Their timelines are a little off though, dd1 was born in feb and this girl in September.
    just keep in mind the seasons where you live when you're buying things and you'll be set. I stocked up more on 6-9-12+ items with this baby if I found something new I wanted to get for her. they always come out with cute things every season
  • Options
    My babies always wore cute things but I shop clearance and had hand me downs.
  • Options
    @ninaandnick05 I avoid all stores like the plague on black friday haha. Great deals but I hate crowds, and people get crazy on that day! 

I shop clearance also but I wanted to buy some newer things that I saw. I guess I can wait until she's a little older. I do have a couple cutesy outfits for going out and seeing people. It's just baby clothes are soo expensive, even on clearance haha. With my own clothes it's like 5 shirts for 20 so buying 2 onesies for the same seems ridiculous.