June 2016 Moms
Options

Twin Watch?

Anyone else on twin watch (i think i just made up a thing.)
My levels were on the boarder line for twins and today they tipped the scale into a slighty higher possibility of it. 

This was the most comprehensive chart I could find.
Im day 30 and HCG is 722.

We will know on 10/13!

Re: Twin Watch?

• Options
    Twin watch? Already? I'm still just getting used to the idea of being pregnant, so the thought of twins is a total pearl clutcher for me.
    But by all means, go get em tiger. Keep me updated on your twin watch!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I had a friend who is a psychic and he once told me I would have twins. I didn't have a reading we were just talking and he gave up this info. He also said we would be touch and go with my second but she would be ok (which turned out being true). On the other hand he also said my first was a girl who looked just like me. Yeah it was a boy who looks just like my husband. Then when he met my daughter he said that she is who he originally saw (she looks like me). Who knows?!
    I have also had many dreams about having twins.
    This all means nothing but I'm just throwing it out there! Because if it did come to fruition it would be really cool!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I believe in that stuff and its come up for me before too to be perfectly honest with you! I always said when i was a teenager i wanted twins, boy and girl. However i didn't know then what taking care of a newborn would entail. My husband actually really wants that as well! I suppose I should just have a little more faith in myself. 

• Options
    losersaidwhatlosersaidwhat member
    edited October 2015
    I'm curious about the possibility I could be carrying twins but I'm also not holding my breath. I do have a few factors that point towards twins being a higher possibility for me and I might lose my mind on Friday (I have an ultrasound) if there are two sacks instead of one because it would be spontaneous for me (no ivf). I got pregnant first cycle off breastfeeding and my youngest is going to be 2 next week so it has been nearly 3 years since I ovulated and this alone increases chances from 1.1% to 11.4%. My cousin on my mom's side conceived twins recently - though I'm not sure if she got it from her mom's side/not related to me side and I believe they were fraternal. Sadly she lost one :( This is also my 7th pregnancy/4th baby and after you've had a few pregnancies then it becomes more likely you will hyper ovulate,. This time I also had painful ovulation pain and I do not ordinarily feel ovulation at all. I had pain on one side then a few days later pain on the other which makes me suspect hyper ovulation. Some studies have also speculated that o-pain may be linked to hyperovulation. So I guess we'll see though I will be happy for a singleton!

ETA: As far as we could see I've only got one in there! Getting my betas checked this week for the first time ever because doc is concerned things weren't measuring where they should but I think he's crazy and I'm actually measuring bang on for when I think I ovulated. Only time will tell. Fingers crossed for good numbers!
  • Options
    My HCG was in the 900 range at 3w6d, and my doctor said there was the possibility it could be twins. I'm getting tested again at 4w6d, and then I have an ultrasound scheduled for 5w5d. We'll see how this goes.
  • Options
    Anyone else on twin watch (i think i just made up a thing.)
    My levels were on the boarder line for twins and today they tipped the scale into a slighty higher possibility of it. 

This was the most comprehensive chart I could find.
    Im day 30 and HCG is 722.

We will know on 10/13!

Y helo thar, ultrasound buddy. We've got ours on the 13th, too, at 7wks, and mine's high enough (and doubling fast enough) that the RE's wondering if we've got twins, too. We're at a slightly higher risk than usual of identicals due to IVF/PGS.

Lessee -- 30 is 4w2d/16DPO? I was at 740 the day after that -- on 12dp5dt. Today (5w1d/36 days past LMP), we were at 4149, which is definitely in the range!
    ---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    This pregnancy is a result of an IUI. So i was on clomid and did have an HCG trigger shot, as well as two days of insemination. 
    I read something that clomid on its own doesnt increase twins by too much, but when people who dont ''need'' it are on it, the risk of twin is much higher. I technically didnt need it as it was done because we have a limited number of sperm viles that belong to my husband and we wanted to make sure we were able to have more than one biological child so we needed to best odds. There is only one set of twins in my family ( great aunts on moms side ) SO we will definitely see what happens!