Baby Names
Options

Team Green BOY names - poll

RSB1982RSB1982 member
edited September 2015 in Baby Names
Hi everyone. Due in December and team GREEN! I would love your thoughts on the below boy name combos. The husband and I like mostly traditional names. James and Lee are both family names so thats why you see those names repeat so often. Our last name starts with a B and has three syllables. Thanks in advance! I also welcome other suggestions not on the list!

Team Green BOY names - poll 121 votes

Evan James
33% 41 votes
Wyatt James
14% 17 votes
Alden Lee
9% 12 votes
Benjamin Lee (or possibly Bennett)
18% 22 votes
James Alden
14% 18 votes
Henry James (but a good friend has a LO named Henry so I'm hesitant to use)
9% 11 votes

Re: Team Green BOY names - poll

• Options
    I voted for James Alden because I thought it sounded nice (I would assume it's also a family name since it's surname derived?) but didn't care for Alden in the first name spot. Evan James is also really nice.
  • Options
    @wassuphoes Alden isn't a family name actually.  We grew up with someone with this name and I've never met another Alden.  Its also the name of a brand of shoes that my husband happens to like, haha.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I voted Benjamin. Love that name and the nn Ben. I would change my vote to Wyatt or James if you went with Bennett.
  • Options
    @wassuphoes HA!  I know right?  I also just remembered its the last name of the children in the Boxcar Children books series.  I used to love those books as a kid.  I would probably let that be my child's namesake.  
  • Options
    RSB1982 said:
    @wassuphoes HA!  I know right?  I also just remembered its the last name of the children in the Boxcar Children books series.  I used to love those books as a kid.  I would probably let that be my child's namesake.  
    Boxcar children was the shit.
  • Options
    Evan James is an awesome name but I know a few people that have it so I didn't vote for it since it just seems way too popular. I LOVE the name Benjamin so I went for that. I like all of them except Alden for a FN.
  • Options
    I like Benjamin Wyatt actually.

• Options
    l would 110% vote for Benjamin Lee were it not for your last name also starting with B and having three syllables. That makes me a little uncertain of how it sounds with your last name, so my second choice is Henry James.
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    i'm partial to Henry it's on my name list too but with a close friend having a LO named that it. If you really like i would talk with the friend 1st maybe and get their feeling on it but honestly there are so many good names that if you aren't dead set on it i would cross it off. 
  • Options
    I love Evan. It's a classic, but not overused like so many other boys classic names. James would be my 2nd choice.
  • Options
    Evan James or James Alden 

All names are nice, I picked these for the simple fact they are less popular. (At least where I am)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I voted Henry James because that is my all time favorite. My son will be Henry Lee, though. James flowed terribly with the last name :(

Besides that, Benjamin Lee would be my next choice.
  • Options
    sorarose said:

I like Benjamin Wyatt actually.

This was on my short boy list until I realized it was the character Ben's full name on parks and rec. which isn't a bad thing, I love his character and the show.. probably subconsciously why it was on my list, lol.
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    Every Evan who I grew up with was a jerk. I shouldn't blame the name, but I do.

Anyway, good luck! So fun being Team Green!!
  • Options
    I voted for Alden James. Alden is one of my favorite names, but it's too matchy with my last name to use.
    kids with flags
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, this was really helpful!  I'll be back with a girl poll as soon as I can finalize a list.  Team Green is so exciting!  
  • Options
    Evan James. It's a great, strong name!!