July 2015 Moms
Options

Rant! I feel like crying.

I'm 10 weeks postpartum and I'm still bleeding, at 7 weeks I had an U/S and there's some leftover tissue in my uterus so the Dr. prescribed some pills but they didn't work, now I have to have a D&C today and it makes me wanna cry because I had a natural unmedicated birth and now I have to be sedated and I'm super scared of that!!!! And stuff like this always make me feel as if my body doesn't work and it is depressing! :'( I'm just nervous and scared! And I don't want to be apart of my baby!

Re: Rant! I feel like crying.

• Options
    I'm right there with you! My D&C is on Thursday and on one hand I am soooo anxious about it, on the other hand I'm hopeful to get it out of the way so that this bleeding and pain will stop!

Did they give you the option to have in office or OR? I choose in office because they don't put you under for the procedure instead I'll be given just local anesthetic injections and some pills to help with cramps and anxiety.

Don't feel bad, your body DOES work, hence the continued bleeding, your body is try to rid the placenta itself but sometimes it needs a little help. And if you weren't bleeding you wouldn't have found out about the retainment and that could have caused more problems later on.

Good luck and speedy recovery!
  • Options
    I haven't gone through what you are with the bleeding but I have had a D&C and it wasn't terrible. You will be with your babes in no time and all this will be behind you. It will get better real soon!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a D&C at eight weeks pregnant two years ago and the recovery was not that bad
  • Options
    I had a similar situation, except I had a c - section and somehow there was retained pieces of the placenta. I was unhappy because I felt that the doc who did the c - section should not have missed removing everything. The D&C itself was not bad though. It'll be ok momma!
  • Options
    Awww I feel for you!!  

Your body will feel a lot better once it's over!