June 2016 Moms
Options

A long shot - emergency response or FD mamas?

Anyone out there?

I am supposed to begin FD training in two weeks (It is a volunteer response group at my work).

1. I do not want to disclose my pregnancy yet to the work place.
2. At what point is it no longer safe to perform emergency response/hazmat/live fire drills?

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated. I will also be giving my OB a call to discuss.
Married: June 25, 2011
DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

Re: A long shot - emergency response or FD mamas?

• Options
    I think you should disclose. If you'll be lifting really heavy loads and doing live fire drills there is always a risk to you meaning a risk to baby. Call you doc then speak to your supervisor one on one.
  • Options
    This is a tough one - I understanding your reasoning and not wanting to disclose, but at the same time, at some point this activity could pose a risk to you and baby should you get to that point. 

How long is training? Depending on what the training entails, you could get your training in, but maybe consider if you'll be part of the emergency response group until after you've delivered and are back at work. 

I believe you've said you're a runner? And you ran with your last pregnancies? Aside from really heavy lifting, I don't really see some of the tasks, especially for training, to be out of scope especially for the first half of pregnancy.

If you know and have a good idea of what the training entails etc, and then have a discussion with your OB, he/she will be able to help you decide - and I think it would still be up to you if you disclose. 

That was a bit rambly. I hope my points are a little clear. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers