May 2016 Moms
Options

Any name ideas yet?

I saw the name post from a little while ago and it sparked an interest. Anyone have names picked out? Or names that you've always wanted for your child since before you can remember? Or traditional family names that you may follow and not be too thrilled about?

For me, I've ALWAYS said if I have a son his name will be Jackson Levi. (I'm from the redneck backwoods mountains of NC, don't judge!) but DH's maternal side of the family has a tradition of naming the first son's middle name Patrick. So I can settle for having a little Jackson Patrick running around. ;)
And for a girl I absolutely love the name Jocelyn Grace! (:

Re: Any name ideas yet?

• Options
    No 'for sure' names yet... I like the name Chloe but I'm wondering if it's becoming too popular. We also haven't really found a boys name or had a good talk about names either. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My husband and I like Bryce Alden if we have a boy and Lily Evelyn is she's a girl :D
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Caitlin Jean or Aaron Arthur. The middle names are both for family members. I don't really like alliterative names, but there was only one other boy name that we liked and it's the name of H's best friend. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    I'm hoping for a girl so I can give her my grandmother's name, Rose. My grandma died in 2006 and we miss her so much. She was awesome.

If it's a boy we're following my husband's family's naming conventions, so it'd be James. I'll call him Jamie:)
  • Options
    I've really fallen in love with the name Penelope, but I don't know if my husband will go for it. Other than that, neither of us have "the" name we've always wanted to name a child.

My husband had a google doc he started several years ago with a few names he liked. Last week, we both went and started adding names to it that we'd like to consider.

We came up with over 30 names for a girl and over 50 (!!!) for a boy!

I went through the list and started tagging them with yes/no/maybe and asked him to do the same....his response was that we didn't finish compiling the list yet! We have almost 90 names already and he's not done adding to the list!!!

I have no idea how we're going to settle on something. There is such a thing as having too many choices...I'm hoping that as things get closer it become easier to narrow it down.
  • Options
    I have always been name obsessed and even have this word doc of names I started when I was 18, but now that there is actually someone to name I feel stuck! Husb is even pickier than I am! Luckily it is very early with plenty of time to decide but I so envy people who know immediately.

• Options
    We've been going back and forth. I'm a huge proponent for Evelyn Elizabeth, he really likes Amelia Elizabeth. For boys, it's a shake up between Owen, Asher, Sawyer. We will likely change our minds 5 million times. Up until about 8 months, our daughter was going to be Lillian until we decided on Annalee. I figure we'll really start to duke it out on names once we find out the sex. :)

Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    For a boy, we are thinking Giorgio David with the nickname Gio. Our son is Renzo so we were looking for a name that would sound good with that and I think Giorgio is perfect!

For a girl, it is either Ruby Diana or Iliana Mary. I am leaning more towards Ruby Diana, but we will see. I have this weird idea that if she has darker features, she will be Ruby, but lighter will be Iliana. Which is dumb because MH, my son, and I all have super light blonde hair and light blue eyes. MH has much darker skin (that Italian, he's got olive oil in his veins!) but I still doubt we will have a brunette with brown eyes.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're all set if it's a boy. We still have our boy name from our first pregnancy since we had a girl. It better not be a girl. DD has the only girl name we could both agree on. lol

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    kayla2536 said:
    My husband and I like Bryce Alden if we have a boy and Lily Evelyn is she's a girl :D
    *** Boxes***

My bestie has a girl named Lily Evelyn! So cute!!!
  • Options

For a girl, we most likely will go with Whitney. I also really like Brooke and Paige. DH gets to choose the middle name for a girl.

For a boy, we are liking Harris, Jake, RJ (Ryan Jr) or Nick. Middle name will be William after my uncle. I am really leaning with Harris. Its different without being wacko.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options

We have so many on our list that I have no idea how we will pick just one. I am thinking that it will be easier when we know what we are having.

Girl names

-Amelia

-Charlotte

-Alice

Boy names

-Cole

-Everett

-Harrison

• Options
    DH won't discuss names until we know if baby is a boy or a girl.... Anyone else in this boat?

I've been making lists but names are sooooooo hard for me. 
  • Options
    @buzzbee614 Not quite, but DH wants to know the sex so he can focus on names. I don't want to know the sex until the big day in May! 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    We are set on Harper Grace for a girl.
    Flip flopping on boy names, we like Colton, Corbin, and Wyatt for first names. The middle will be Nash.
  • Options
    onislandtimeonislandtime member
    edited September 2015
    We are 100% set on a girl name, we do not agree on a single boy name.
  • Options
    I have a ton of names picked out but I've yet to find out if DH will go for them... He's commented on the past and been very critical of names! I want something that's spelled properly, unusual and clearly girly or masculine for girl or boy.

Me 31 DH 41

TTC #1 since August 2014
    RE August 2015
    Surprise BFP! September 1, 2015
    IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Baby Eden born 5/11/16 <3<3<3

• Options
    My H has decided that this kid is a boy, and that his name/nickname will be "KJ" (H's name plus Jr). I'm like heeeeellllllll no!!

We probably won't get serious about names until we find out the sex, but I'm dreading it already... Picking names is so hard for me, and on top of that I will have to fight H over the whole KJ thing the whole way :-w
  • Options
    We are 100% set on a girl name, we do not agree on a single boy name.
    This.  We're set on Anna Michelle (maybe Annie?) for a girl, but we can't agree on a boy name.

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    We have a girl name picked out and we have about 10 boys names we are considering that we both like, I only love a couple of them though. If we end up having twins (I'm a fraternal twin) then we have a few more girl names we both like that we are considering.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Elizabeth (Ellie) Kathleen for a girl. Ryan Dale for a boy. All names are middle names of people important to us.
  • Options
    If it's a boy his name will be Samuel Clarence.  We haven't started talking about girl names yet, but we should-- we only agreed on our daughter's name a week before she was born!
  • Options
    NOLA520 said:
    OMG, we have so many names picked out. Way, way more girl names than boy names, but mostly because it's been way easier to narrow those down. 

We'll get more serious about whittling down the list when we know the sex, but so far the front-runners for boys are Desmond and Dean, with Reid as an option if it turns out to be a ginger baby (definitely a possibility). MN Harris. 

For girls, I don't even know. We've been pretty into Esme lately (after the Salinger story). Before that we were super into Alison (though I've significantly cooled on this and am pretty ready to eliminate it). Also really like Lorelai and Clare. Not all that fond of any of the "red-haired" type names for girls. MN Marjorie. 

--------BOX---------

Not being snarky at all, just curious - what makes a name a "red-head" name?

Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Options
    We've been going back and forth. I'm a huge proponent for Evelyn Elizabeth, he really likes Amelia Elizabeth. For boys, it's a shake up between Owen, Asher, Sawyer. We will likely change our minds 5 million times. Up until about 8 months, our daughter was going to be Lillian until we decided on Annalee. I figure we'll really start to duke it out on names once we find out the sex. :)

Our girl name choice is Evelyn Elizabeth too! Or Evelyn Grace.
  • Options
    Hubb  is set on 

Esther (my grandmothers name)
    I like it too, but im trying to learn on 
    Ophelia (grandmothers name)

so far its been a tough sell

no boys names, it will be a girl damnit 
  • Options
    tgortneytgortney member
    edited September 2015
    William Easton (going by Liam or Easton) or Emilia/Amelia Kim or Mia Kim

Kim is a family girl middle name.

I am not telling fellow pregnant friends :-$

Ps I am also from the mountains (Piedmont side) of NC!
  • Options
    For years, I have liked the boys name Ryan Jeffrey. I just love Ryan and Jeffrey is my father in law. I hadn't had strong thoughts on girls names until recently. I really like Juliana and Abigail. And I like Brooke and Noel for middle names. I guess I will wait and see what we are having to decide!
  • Options
    We've decided definitely on McKenzie June and call her June. I don't know why DH is stuck on McKenzie being the first even though we are going to call her June. I like Everett for a boy, I also like River, Sawyer, James, Hollis, and Ellis. DH likes none of those. He likes Jackson Brett which was DD's name if she was going to be a boy. DH told our pg friend that and she stole our name. Plus, EVERY kid right now is named Jackson or Jaxson (which in my opinion sounds like Jacks-ss-son blah).
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    We've had our names picked out for awhile now! My husbands father passed away quite a few years ago when he was young so we want to honor him. His name was Paul so if it's a girl it will be Pollie (or Paulie, we go back and forth on spelling) with a middle name Jean, which is both my mom and my middle name. Then a boy would be Roderick Paul, Roderick is my fathers name.
  • Options
    kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited October 2015
    We're decided that a boy will be Henry Edward and a girl will be Guinevere. We're debating different middle names for Guinevere. When we settled on it years ago, we liked Zelda best. Over the summer we discussed Rose as being possibly a better choice. Now I'm not 100% on Rose. I have a list of almost 10 other middle names to consider. We did this with our son as well, but as soon as we found out he was a boy, we immediately and easily agreed on a middle name (during the ultrasound actually).
  • Options
    I have been obsessed with Nevaeh Lorraine (Lorraine is my mom's name and Nevaeh covers everyone in heaven) but my hubby isn't a fan:( Gotta say, I've been hearing it a lot lately (I first fell in love with it 10 years ago) and now its kinda lost its luster so its okay that he doesn't care for it I guess. I love the idea of having my mom's name as the middle name but can't think of anything that goes with it. No clue for a boy's name yet. I have taken to watching movie and TV show credits to see if anything jumps out.
  • Options
    We're Muslim so our names are going to be traditional. Husband gave me no choice for the boys name, it HAS to be Musa (moo-sah the Arabic name for Moses) and if it's a girl Samarah (SaMARah which means "soft light" my name means "light" and our last name means moon
  • Options
    My middle name is Scarlett, so we're leaning towards that for a girl (although I wish it wasn't becoming as popular as it is. I have a popular early 90s name, and I want to give my kid a name that half the kids their age don't have). I also have always loved Riley for a girl.

I tried talking about boy names with my husband, and let me just say.. Trying to name a baby with a teacher is the WORST. "What about xxx?" "No, I had a student with that name last year and I couldn't stand him." "Okay, What about xxxx?" "Ugh, no that kid is so weird." And on and on... :|
    Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• Options
    We are all set for a girl name: Sophia Pauline. I know, Sophia is the #1 name right now. I'm set on this name for years... My parents named me Kim Caterin, coming from Germany Kim was so unique there. I guess they never thought I would be moving to the States ;) never met so many Kim's in my life! With that said, we want to stick to something we both like rather than picking something I'm not 100% sold on... For a boy I like Connor or Bennett. But we didn't even discuss boy names yet.
  • Options
    My absolute favorite boy's name that I've wanted my entire life to name a little boy.....is my BF's last name =/ I went to high school with a guy who had the same first and last name, can't bring myself to do that to my kid!

For a girl, I love, love, *love* the name Rebel! I know, I know, most people hate it. BF has already vetoed it. But it is still my favorite!

I also love the names Molly and Mary Jane. Which I know are drugs. I don't know what is wrong with me. 

• Options
    We mostly have name disagreements at this point. I was a fan of Joseph because that was my grandpa and great grandpa's name but I think that has been vetoed. Someone suggested my brother's name since he passed last October but to me that feels strange. Other than that it hasn't become an issue... yet. Luckily neither of us are super attached to a name the other completely objects to, like if it were the same name as an ex or something.
  • Options
    We just had a new development. I showed my 2yr old son the ultrasound and explained it is the baby in mommy's body. And he said "Baby sister? I like baby sister!" so I asked what he wants to call her and he said "Baby Elsa!"

Sorry, bud, but I don't think Elsa is on the list...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love Hazel Marie for a girl (it's growing on DH). We like August or Samson (goes by Sam) for a boy. We are both ok with putting DH's first name as a boy's middle name but I am also an advocate of using my grandfather's middle name (Paul) for either one of those. 
  • Options
    We like Elaina Elizabeth or Caroline Mae for a girl. For a boy, we know the middle name will be Michael. Canaan is the top contender right now but Owen is also on the list. We have a hard Italian last name that's 4 syllables and starts with a Q so our options are limited.