TTC after 35
Options

Getting to Know You - SO

Let's get to know each other some more.

Tell us how you and your significant other met. How long have you been together? How long were you together before knowing they were "the one."

Re: Getting to Know You - SO

• Options
    Dh and I met almost 10 years ago (2/2006) online. We chatted but I was seeing someone. Well that someone dumped me a few days after Valentine's Day and a week later we met IRL.
    I think I new he was the one when 8 months together my mom told me she had breast cancer. He would make dinner for us sometimes, extra sauce things like that.

8/2007 he bought a house and asked me to move in. I told him I don't play house and my hand was far too light. 11/2007 he popped the question while we were on vacation in Jamaica. 5/2009 we were married. We

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My BF and I also met online and our first date was at a bar... He was not my "type" and an actor... Since I work in the film industry I've always swore I'd never date an actor.  8-|  So I was very hesitant to admit, to either of us, he was "the one" About 4 months into our relationship he needed to start looking for a new place to live since his lease was about up, and I was looking to buy a house. One day he went with me to look at houses, which was great, then we looked at apartments for him and I got really angry. After a "wtf is wrong with you" conversation I realized I didn't want him to sign a year lease... It was news to both of us. He moved in. We bought a house together last year. October will be 3 years for us. 

@pekaboosmiles - I love that he was the one that asked about the plate and that you went back and got them! That's so cute!
    ****Loss Mentioned***
    Me: 41 Him: 41
    TTC since December 2013
    HSG 9/18/14 = Tubes open but T shaped uterus
    IUI #1... 1/6/2015 + 50mg Clomid = BFN
    IUI #2... 1/29 & 30/2015 + 50mg Clomid +Tigger +Progesterone = BFN
    3/14 BFFP! Natural w/acupuncture & herbs only
    EDD = 11/22/15;  No heartbeat = 7/21/15
    Cooper Midnight Johnson born sleeping 7/25/2015

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Add us to the "met online"'group! We met in person after chatting online and by phone for a few weeks. We met up downtown at an art fair and I swore I wouldn't be going anywhere alone with him until we'd spent more time together. Lo and behold, he flashed me a winning smile and we ended up driving somewhere else (together!) for dinner. I knew that night that I could trust him. We got engaged the following August and married that November. This November will be our third anniversary. Time flies when you are having fun.

Ps--I love these stories! ;)
  • Options
    DH and I met online too! We chatted for a couple months and our first date was April 14th, 2012 (almost 3.5 years ago). It was quite obvious to both of us very early on that this was the real deal. Our first date lasted 6 hours. He said he knew this was going to work when I leaned over during dinner that first night and ate a bite of food directly off his plate without asking - that's not something you do unless you feel very comfortable with someone! He joked that he was going to marry me about a month into our relationship, but I knew he wasn't joking. I introduced him to my family after 3 months, and he was the FIRST boyfriend I had ever introduced to my family (in 35 years!) so they also knew this was very serious. We exchanged our first "I love you's" that same weekend. We moved in together after a year and a bit. We've been through a lot together already, including job losses, battles with depression, and difficult relations with family members. He proposed during a trip to Glacier National Park last July, and we were married this May.
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • Options
    Awww! Love these!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm enjoying reading all of your stories. DH and I met through friends almost 10 years ago. No one was trying to set us up, but DH was uncharacteristically forward and there was a major physical attraction and immediate mental connection. Within a month we were dating exclusively. He's my best friend and an amazing life partner. He's going to be a great dad.
  • Options
    Another one who met at a bar! We met when we were recruited to the same trivia team. When we started dating, he told me he was looking for a woman he wouldn't "intellectually dominate." I promised him he'd never have that problem with me. (If you haven't met him, this story kind of makes him sound like an a**hole, but he really is a sweetheart.)
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I met my DH on match. I was about to give up on the site and he just signed up. On our 1st date we were both hung over he was at a Halloween party and I was at a bachlorette party the night before. We met downtown and went to a restaurant for appetizers. Then walked around the park downtown and talked. After that we went to play put put and had dinner. I knew he was the one in the 1st mth. We've been together 4 years and of this mth and celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary last mth
  • Options
    @Piperella I can't believe you met in Second Life! I used to do work for a marketing firm that held staff meetings in SL. I was really useless at it. The best I could do was finding the portal thing to get to our conference room. And my boss had to get me an outfit so I could come to meetings with clothes on.
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @piperella my Irish DH pronounces aluminum wrong, too. Why do they add an i that isn't there??
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    @MynaBird Oh that's hysterical!  We still actually play on there to talk to our friends that have become real life friends.  If you ever have to get back on SL i'll dress you up in the best outfits!

@carrieandroy I think it's just because they must think they have fancy pants on when they are from across the pond.  We still argue about how to pronounce different words even now.  We usually end the fights going, "Our poor confused child..."  Gives us a good giggle.
  • Options
    love all these stories!

My partner and i lived in the same community (its very very small). We had (still have!) a lot of common interests and got to know each other while cross country skiing, running and hiking. Never really had a first real date -- just lots of skis and runs. We have been together about 17 yrs. 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN