September 2015 Moms
Options

C-section recovery

Had a c-section 3 1/2 weeks ago. Still feeling sore and some numbness near incision and a bit slow to walk any distance but much much better. Can't wear anythinng but lounge pants since sensitive around waist area. Wondering if anyone is in same boat. Is this normal?

Re: C-section recovery

• Options
    Same boat! I'm just over 3 weeks out and I'm still having pain around the incision and some swelling too. I feel like it's normal at this point since c/s take longer to recover from, but I have an appointment with my dr next week to make sure everything's going ok.
  • Options
    I'll be 2 weeks PP tomorrow and I'm definitely still feeling it! A little numbness, but the incision itself is fine, I think. I can hardly walk still and haven't even tried wearing pants. I've been in a nightgown since we got out of the hospital, and don't plan on changing that for a good few weeks. Definitely don't want to push myself too hard!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The numbness is definitely normal. Mine stuck around for a really long time with DD1. I still have a couple of spots that aren't back to totally normal 4 years later!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I guess I'm a special unicorn. I still wear panties and mat pants over the incision but driving around and doing just about everything normal. I don't lift my toddler and generally try to take it easy but overall feel great. The area around the incision is going to be numb for awhile.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Same. My tummy and incision is still sore and it's hard to walk, lift, bend over and it's been almost 3 weeks. I wish I was recovering faster. I wore maternity jeans today and was so uncomfortable. They seem to be rubbing right on the incision/lower tummy area. It's back to pajama pants for me.
  • Options
    I'm 3 weeks PP today and I'm still in quite a bit of pain. Walking around still hurts and I have a lot of nerve pain above the incision/under belly button. The incision itself seems mostly healed and not much pain there it's mostly above the incision and then internal abdomen pain and muscle pain. I really didn't think recovery was this brutal. I had a previa that required some extra work to cut out and I think that might have something to do with the severity of my pain or maybe I'm just the biggest wimp ever.
  • Options
    I'm 2.5 weeks PP and am also still sore around the incision and have one spot of numbness. I still struggle getting in and out of some positions (like sitting up from lying down). But I can walk around and do chores and things without a problem now.
  • Options
    I'm now 4 weeks PP and for me there was a big difference between 3 and 4 weeks. While there's still numbness, the soreness has really subsided.
  • Options
    I'm almost 4 weeks and I'm right there with you. Some days are better then others but I wear yoga pants or no pants at all lol walking around stores usually gets me very sore
  • Options
    Anyone else have like a fold of skin where the incision is? I am hoping it will go away...not cute.
  • Options
    sarahnikaisarahnikai member
    edited September 2015
    I have that fold of skin too along with the soreness. I hope it goes away too! I think it will though. We've been through a lot and I think it's just going to take time. @jennahkross
  • Options
    Mine itches!!! And I have one spot on the end of the incision that is a little leaky.. Tender in that spot as well but otherwise I'm pretty good at 3 weeks pp.
  • Options
    12 days pp and in a good amount of pain still. There's clear improvement, but I'm definitely struggling with both internal pain and pain at the incision. The doctor says I'm healing well, but it'll clearly be a while longer before I can move and exist normally. Husband goes back to work tomorrow - I'm not really looking forward to suddenly having to manage all day. It's not going to be easy.
  • Options
    Also forgot to mention that I haven't lifted DD into or out of infant carrier or done anything with stroller at all. That's DH job for now. Hoping to be able to do that soon!
  • Options
    I'm one day shy of 3 weeks pp and it's mostly internal soreness that's bothering me still. If I have any gas it feels like my insides are going to explode! Is anyone else experiencing this? I also woke up yesterday morning with a severe bleeding episode. Scared the heck out of me. I had to go see the doctor where they looked at my uterus with the ultrasound and said I would be passing some large clots. I was told to lay low and take it very easy. I also had a very low grade fever of around 99.5-100.
  • Options

Anyone else have like a fold of skin where the incision is? I am hoping it will go away...not cute.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I had a laparotomy years ago to remove my right ovary. My c-section was performed over the same spot. I've had the skin fold since surgery number one... Even with tons of efforts to get rid of it. Hopefully you'll be luckier than me!
  • Options
    4 weeks pp and having the same issues. Initial recovery far better than feared but I have lingering soreness and intermittent pain since. Looking forward to exercising again (beyond stroller walks), but waiting for 6 week all clear first. Take care ladies!
  • Options
    I'm a week out yesterday and still quite sore. Had my 1 week check up today and there's one area along the edge of the incision where the skin isn't completely closed yet. That seems to be the area bothering me the most. My doctor wasn't concerned and reapplied steri strips for reinforcement. Makes me a little nervous but trying to think positive! Haven't lifted my toddler much and trying to take it easy but I'm anxious to help around the house a little. I have no idea why. Haha. Hoping each day is a little better and looking forward to a walk hopefully in the near future. Hope everyone else begins to feel more normal too.
  • Options
    I am 3 weeks PP csection today and have been wearing an abdominal binder since day 7 PP. It really helps me a lot. It gives me "core" stability and makes it easier to stand, and walk (even up and down stairs) normally. I did not wear a abdominal binder after my first csection and can really tell the difference. I don't have any extraordinary pain/discomfort tolerance but I have been able to get back to more normal level of activity sooner. Anyway, I was definitely on the achey side of things last time around so maybe an abdominal binder would help some other mommas too.
  • Options

I guess I'm a special unicorn. I still wear panties and mat pants over the incision but driving around and doing just about everything normal. I don't lift my toddler and generally try to take it easy but overall feel great. The area around the incision is going to be numb for awhile.

I must be a special unicorn too lol. I drove 1 week after, and now 4 weeks after I'm completely back to normal.
  • Options
    I feel like I'm almost back to normal. I still have incision soreness but I'm used to it. I'm 12 day PP and have started lifting my toddler occasionally but have to stop sometimes. For those of you discouraged, I have found this second c section to be way easier to recover from than my first. I think in a week or so I'll be totally fine. I'm not able to lie on my stomach yet and that's a milestone I can't wait for!
  • Options
    2nd c section here, I feel like I'm back to normal slowly but surely. 13 days pp.
    Soreness is felt on the section above the incision. The area there is very tender to the touch. This time around, I was 'forced' to walk and do errands a lot sooner. Long extended walks causes pain. I take the meds to relief the pain, but I think if I just took it easy it would be a lot better. Hard to do with a 7 y/o DD to take to school and DH at work.
    But I have noticed the c section shelf is more noticeable now.
    Happy healing ladies

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Same here! I feel like I bounced back pretty quickly. It's been 3 1/2 weeks since baby girl arrived and I've felt pretty good overall.
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15