3rd Trimester

Other baby apps

I have a real hard time posting on any of these websites because i feel like i am judged and shamed for a lot of things that i say. Like on one of my apps there is a "rants and raves" group and so i go on there and instead of being supported and listened to even if im wrong or right.. Why do we have all of these places and resources that we can be honest and share things going on in our lives and we are just beaten down? I dont understand especailly being a bunch of women, why are we tearing each other down than up. I dont know where i fit or where i can talk and share. Any one else feel like that?

Re: Other baby apps

• Your profile shows that you joined here July 2nd, but this is your only thread that you've started and you only have one other reply. The best advice I can give is to get in there and join in the conversations. Reply to some other posters. Let people get to know you. You get what you give. Don't expect a bunch of support from people who haven't gotten the chance to get to know you yet. Go in there and lurk around and join in and enter conversations. It's just like going to a party where you don't know anyone. You have to get out there and try to get to know people.

Not everyone is tearing people down; not everyone is supportive of everything someone says, either. It's just like real life, here in a little small world. And realize that there are people from all over the world that come here, with different upbringings and culture and points of view.

Also, don't get too defensive when someone doesn't agree with you. People aren't always going to agree with you and that's ok. The best way to get along is not to let everything get to you, have an open mind, and realize that you will most likely click with some people and not click with others.

Here's a little tip from Taylor Swift:

"People can say whatever they want about us, at any time, and we cannot control that. The only thing we can control is our reaction to it. And I figure that we have two options: You can either let it get to you, let it change you, let it make you bitter or not trust people. Option two is you just shake it off." ~Taylor Swift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D5E5KLkfsI&list=RDbs5SZOHowHI

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• I appreciate your comment and i havent used this app like i have with my babybump app. Its just extremely overwhelming some times you know?
  • Loading the player...
  • I appreciate your comment and i havent used this app like i have with my babybump app. Its just extremely overwhelming some times you know?
    You're welcome. You may also want to visit your BMB (birth month board) to talk to other moms who are due in the same month that you are. Here is the list so you can pop in: https://forums.thebump.com/categories/the-bump-month-clubs

Realize that a lot of people on the BMB will have been there since the beginning of pregnancy, so there are already some friendships formed, and a small community with its own tone and history.

Jamie

• redfallonredfallon member
    edited October 2015
    lisamom86 said:

sometimes you just come at the wrong time when all the bored unhappy women are there and then they say somethin nasty just ignore and try again 

I do not find this helpful to the OP whatsoever. Maybe since you also have very little participation on the site you could take some of the advice that I've taken my time to provide so that I could be helpful instead of flippant or glib or writing her off as another GBCBer.

Edit to clarify: Meant that *I* could have been flippant or glib or written her off and didn't.

Jamie