May 2016 Moms
Options

What symptoms came first?

Wondering for all of you sick mamas, what came first, nausea or nipple sensitivity? Just starting getting sensitive and I'm hoping my severe MS is skipped the 4th time around. I'm 5.3 weeks

Re: What symptoms came first?

• Options
    I hope ms skips you this time, but order of symptoms isn't going to give you reliable information since every woman and every pregnancy is different. If you're still curious for sake of conversation, mine hit around the same time at 5 weeks this pregnancy.
  • Options
    I think it varies between each mom and even pregnancy. Here's for hoping you don't get it this time around!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everyone is different. General consensus seems to be that icky symptoms are present by about 6-7 weeks. If you're not having ms by then (or when your onset was last time) you might be getting lucky, but try to take it day by day because like pp said it can change from pregnancy to pregnancy!
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    Sore boobs first.
    Food aversions pretty quickly, but increased appetite at the same time.
    Nausea came around week 6. 

~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    Mine was cramping/twinges first. Then diarrhea (sry if TMI), then at 7 weeks on the dot, morning sickness started along with food aversion. All of these have waxed and waned the whole pregnancy (ha! All 8.5 wks)... But you get my meaning!
  • Options
    Enlarged bbs! image
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    mrstmoosemrstmoose member
    edited September 2015
    Tiredness/fatigue is about it for me right now. I'm 5w4d (5 days? I can't remember, it's on my ticker) so it's still early enough that m/s could still rear her ugly head. I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes though!

eta: oh the boobs, the heavy, enlarged boobs.
  • Options
    With DD I started puking by 4.5 weeks. By 5.5 weeks I was in the ER because I couldn't keep any food or water down at all and needed fluids. This time around MS didn't start until about 7 weeks and it's not nearly as bad as last time. I'll take the all day nausea over the all day puking.
  • Options
    Extremely sore boobs, not just nipples but all of them!
  • Options
    Sore breasts and exhaustion. I'm 8wk+1day and I barely get nausea.
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for MS. I'm 6w1d and by this point last pregnancy had felt sick for a few weeks. This time around it was sore boobs that made me test. Like PPs said, every pregnancy is different!

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    Sore boobs came on immediately. That's how I knew to take a test. MS came at about 6 weeks.
  • Options
    My breasts hurt extremely bad around 4 weeks. Cramping around 4 1/2- 5 weeks. Then morning sickness (all day sickness) hit like a freight train at 7 weeks.