July 2015 Moms
Options

Essential oils with lo

Have any mommas used essential oils on their little ones? I have just started getting into them as a friend of mine started using them on her lo. I am using doterra oils. Anyone have any rollerball recipes that help out and any advice with them. So far I have used lavender for diaper rash and that seemed to take care of it.

Re: Essential oils with lo

• Options
    I didn't use them directly on my baby, but used them in the hospital. I did a med free delivery (or as my husband calls it, hippie lovin' delivery) and had essentials oils throughout the process. I got really nauseous and they made me sniff ginger oil. (Now the smells repulses me and makes me feel like I'm in labor.) I also use lavender oil on myself and she seems to like it. It calms us both down.

Do you apply them on your babe? I love this stuff.
  • Options
    I use lavender oil in her bath. Can't say it helps her sleep but she smells good.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Agree with the lavender, use it in bath and have mixed with coconut oil to rub on her feet, not sure it it actually helps.
  • Options
    Yes! That's exactly what I do! Drops in the bath and mix it with the coconut oil. It's actually tea tree oil with lavender.
  • Options
    I was told not to apply on baby til 6 months old
  • Options
    I was told not under age 12. I guess it probably depends on your pediatrician.
  • Options
    I've used lavender with coconut oil and have also given her lavender baths. I also diffuse various oils at night while I feed her as part of our bedtime routine.
  • Options
    I use the attached in a diffuser (minus the coconut oil) when I have a fussybutt who is fighting sleep. Also I've used it when we travel so the room smells familiar

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17