September 2015 Moms
Options

Thrush help!!

We both have thrush right now and it's miserable! I have been on diflucan for 5 days, baby has been on nystantin for 4. We have also been sterilizing, doing gentian violet and vinegar cleanses. I started the APNO yesterday. Still no improvement! It hurts so bad to nurse and because of the pain and stress my supply has plummeted on top of everything the nystantin seems to be giving the baby terrible stomach pains and gas bubbles. Hopefully things get better soon, I am about ready to give up!

Any advice appreciated!!

Re: Thrush help!!

• Options
    My midwife had me use 1cup warm water mixed with 1 tsp baking soda rubbed on nipples before and after feedings, rinse off before you feed baby. Also prescribed me newmans ointment, I have yet to get it from the compounding pharmacy. For baby she said coconut oil on the nappy rash.
  • Options
    Ugh I'm with you. We are enduring our second bout with thrush. No advice, just empathy. Hang in there!
    Married 6.21.2014
    DD #1: 8.16.2015
    #2 EDD: 1.13.2019
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine was diagnosed with thrush yesterday. I noticed it over the weekend but at his appointment it had gone down quite a bit on its own. She prescribed nystatin for him but nothing for me - he doesn't seem to have passed it to me. Hoping it stays that way. I have no advice other than to empathize, like PP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    uggh I hate thrush. I really liked grapefruit seed extract. That worked best for us. Good luck and hang in there,