Bed rest with a toddler — The Bump
High-Risk Pregnancy

Bed rest with a toddler

Wanting some tips for getting through rest with a 3 yr old. It's not strict yet which is good just modified. She is is school 3 1/2 days a week but she is a girl who likes to go. I've got 12 weeks left. Wondering if the 2 days at home will be hard or if we can make it through without a sitter. TIA!

Re: Bed rest with a toddler

• I don't really have any advice but I just stopped bleeding from a subchorionic hemorrhage which I was on( at least) pelvic rest although I would have preferred to be on modified bed rest. I have a 3, almost 4 year old and my parents said they would help out. I'm a stay at home mom so we can't really afford a sitter. Well I'd say 9 out of the 10 days I was bleeding I had to manage in my own and it was the most stressful thing because I literally felt like I had to choose between taking care of my toddler and taking care of myself and the baby. I thought I just wouldn't bend or pick him up and we would just stay in but he got bored, stir crazy, and knew that I couldn't chase after him so he felt this was perfect timing to start testing lini
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you for you input.