May 2016 Moms

Promethazine Tab 25mg for nauesa and vomiting.

I am 6 weeks pregnant, and for the past week i have done nothing but vomit and dry heaving. I went the the ER and they perscribed me Promethazine Tabs 25 mg. My fiance went to go pick up the perscription at the local Wallgreens and the pharm tech did NOT want tl give me my perscription due to previous complications with birth defects and it affecting the placenta. With this worrying me for the pharm tech to tell us this instead of the hospital. What do i do? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Promethazine Tab 25mg for nauesa and vomiting.

• Call the ER doctor that prescribed your RX or call your OB and explain your situation. I am sure they can work something out.
    (Me) 30 & (DH) 32 {Together 11 years - Married 04.17.15}

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    TTC Baby #2 since 06/15 | BFP 9/4/15 | EDD 5/07/16

BabyGaga
  • I would definitely ask your OB before you take anything.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a pharmacist... Just adding what I know. Promethazine is considered "compatible" in pregnancy. Studies have shown no evidence suggesting a relationship between promethazine and defects. Of course I must add the statement: "a drug free pregnancy is the best pregnancy", however, sometimes that is just not realistic. OB doctors often prescribe promethazine for nausea....but, I think it is wise of you to always be cautious. Call your doctor or pharmacist if you are still concerned.