August 2015 Moms
Options

Freezer stash goal

What is your goal for a freezer stash? I've been trying to build mine up before I return to work in a week. Now I'm not sure if I should start dropping the extra pumping sessions or not. Particularly the MOTN session. I think DD would sleep through the night but I always end up waking her to feed because I'm uncomfortably full. (Champagne problems, I know.) I think it's because I've been pumping after her MOTN feedings for several weeks now. Not should if I should stop or continue so that my stash keeps growing.

Re: Freezer stash goal

• Options
    My baby is 3 weeks 2 days old and I have about 80 ounces in the freezer so far, plus 10 ounces in the fridge for hubby to give the baby a bottle at night when I'm making dinner. I also pump after MOTN feedings. I'm a FTM so not really sure how much to have saved up, but I'm curious to know too.
  • Options
    I have 290oz frozen. I don't plan to stop building anytime soon. DS starts daycare in 4 weeks. I want to make sure that I have plenty for that. Cold and flu season is coming fast, not to mention any other number of illnesses thar may circle around. If I need meds that I cannot BF while taking, I want to make sure that he can still get BM and not need formula.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have 130 oz so far and planning to increase the pumping sessions . I am going back to work in 2 weeks.
  • Options
    I have 60 oz and I go back part time later this week.
    Me: 37, DH: 38: ttc 7 years, dx: unknown
    10/11: after 2 years, saw a RE, FSH 5.4
    11/11: BFP! (surprise after thyroid & normal hsg),
    12/11: missed m/c after 7 week u/s, 1/12: D&C
    6/12 IUI#1-IUI #3: clomid = BFP!, C/P
    IVF #1(10/12) FSH 5.4, AFC: 16 long Lupron, 5R/5M/4F, all 4 made it to 5dt, 1 blast/1-8 cell transferred=BFN
    IVF #2(12/12)AFC 21, MD lupron, 4R/4M/3F, 5dt of 1 blast and 2-8cell. BFN.
    IVF#3(4/13) Natural start antagon protocol, 12R,11F. one PGS normal at day 6 transfer. BFN.
    IVF#4 (11/13) C.CRM (ODW.U normal 8/13 Still no Diagnosis) EPP/antagonist. ER 13R/7M/6F. Only 1 made it to freeze. Abnormal. Looking into options of DE, Fresh vs frozen.
    10/14 new local RE to look into what's next. CD3 FSH 4.7, AMH 0.9. Met with DE agencies and exploring options for feb/march 2015.
    Surprise natural bfp (4 days before donor is signed). Beta #1 at 9dpo: 51.8, 2nd beta: 195 (25 hours doubling) @11dpo. 3rd beta (12/15): 516 (35 hrs doubling) 4th beta(12/17): 895 (58 hours doubling) 5th beta(12/19): 2120. U/S at 5w0d(12/22): one gestational sac with yolk sac. U/S #2 (6w0d)12/29. One little bean measuring 6w0d with HR 124. 3rd u/s(1/4)7w0d: baby measuring 7w2d. HR 134. 3/30: A/S at MFM went great except for low lying placenta. Verifi results are normal! Team Blue! Please send any positive thoughts our way! EDD:8/24/2015
    Baby Will born 8/18. He's perfect.
  • Options
    Wow I feel so behind....
  • Options
    I have maybe 30 oz and I don't go back to work for over a month. I pump when I can but don't stress about it. I would like to have a stash for a couple of days worth before I go back to work, but not much more. I have no desire to pump more than I have to. She's only gotten two bottles so far.
  • Options
    I am pumping for the first time as I write this.  DS is 6w today.

My goal is to have about 70 oz in the freezer when I return to work in just over 4 weeks.  This was the amount the lactation consultant recommended.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers   
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    KateDerek said:

I have maybe 30 oz and I don't go back to work for over a month. I pump when I can but don't stress about it. I would like to have a stash for a couple of days worth before I go back to work, but not much more. I have no desire to pump more than I have to. She's only gotten two bottles so far.

This is me exactly:-) Don't really see the point for us personally to have a huge stash. I'll pump at work and use that for the next day's feedings, but have a few days frozen just in case.
    Me: 37, DH: 38: ttc 7 years, dx: unknown
    10/11: after 2 years, saw a RE, FSH 5.4
    11/11: BFP! (surprise after thyroid & normal hsg),
    12/11: missed m/c after 7 week u/s, 1/12: D&C
    6/12 IUI#1-IUI #3: clomid = BFP!, C/P
    IVF #1(10/12) FSH 5.4, AFC: 16 long Lupron, 5R/5M/4F, all 4 made it to 5dt, 1 blast/1-8 cell transferred=BFN
    IVF #2(12/12)AFC 21, MD lupron, 4R/4M/3F, 5dt of 1 blast and 2-8cell. BFN.
    IVF#3(4/13) Natural start antagon protocol, 12R,11F. one PGS normal at day 6 transfer. BFN.
    IVF#4 (11/13) C.CRM (ODW.U normal 8/13 Still no Diagnosis) EPP/antagonist. ER 13R/7M/6F. Only 1 made it to freeze. Abnormal. Looking into options of DE, Fresh vs frozen.
    10/14 new local RE to look into what's next. CD3 FSH 4.7, AMH 0.9. Met with DE agencies and exploring options for feb/march 2015.
    Surprise natural bfp (4 days before donor is signed). Beta #1 at 9dpo: 51.8, 2nd beta: 195 (25 hours doubling) @11dpo. 3rd beta (12/15): 516 (35 hrs doubling) 4th beta(12/17): 895 (58 hours doubling) 5th beta(12/19): 2120. U/S at 5w0d(12/22): one gestational sac with yolk sac. U/S #2 (6w0d)12/29. One little bean measuring 6w0d with HR 124. 3rd u/s(1/4)7w0d: baby measuring 7w2d. HR 134. 3/30: A/S at MFM went great except for low lying placenta. Verifi results are normal! Team Blue! Please send any positive thoughts our way! EDD:8/24/2015
    Baby Will born 8/18. He's perfect.
  • Options
    How many ounces are you anticipating your little one eating per feeding?
  • Options
    colie924colie924 member
    edited September 2015
    For all you mommas with lots of BM frozen.... I'm jealous!! What is your pumping schedule like?! Are you exclusively pumping or are you BF too? Any info would be greatly appreciated!! Also any ideas on how to increase milk supply??
  • Options
    I started stashing 3 weeks ago- DS is 6 weeks now and have about 150 oz. I have a huge supply in the morning, so I'm able to pump about 8 oz an hour after DS eats. I also pump 4 oz in the afternoon. Evenings I only get 2-4 oz about an hour after his last feed before bed.
  • Options
    @colie0924 - I breastfeed and pump. I breastfeed the baby first, then pump right after. I usually only pump a couple times a day though, sometimes more if I'm engorged and she isn't hungry yet. My lc told me that you can get your supply up by still pumping for 5 minutes after the milk stops flowing to signal your body to make more milk.
  • Options
    atthemomentatthemoment member
    edited October 2015
    Ds. Is 7weeks old today. I mostly ebf but if im engorged in the am i will pump. I have 28-30 oz approx but i am a sahm. Would like to have double that just in case though. Im always insecure about my bm amounts but ds is gaining weight great! (Gained 2 lbs 8 oz in 6 weeks)
    DS 8/13/15 
    Blessed  <3o:)
  • Options
    I have 60 oz in the freezer and I go back to work in 2 weeks. Wish I had move, but in order to build this to what it is I've been pumping in the middle of the night while DH gives a bottle of pumped milk. I've found I usually pump between 3 and 7 oz at night while LO will drink between 3 and 4 at that time so I still end up with some to freeze. During the day I'm lucky to get 1-2 oz total.
  • Options
    @colie0924 -healthy lactation cookie recipe! the first day I made these I had four cookies and then pumped an extra 100mil more than my usual session, I have always have had pretty good supply, but these worked amazingly. Four a day is the dose for me and they work better than any other tea or pumping schedule I've tried.

1 3/4 cup rolled oats
    1 3/4 cup flax meal (called either ground linseed or flaxseed)
    2 eggs
    1/2 cup coconut oil
    1/2 - 3/4 cup honey- (depeding on how sweet you like it)
    2 tbs Brewers yeast
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    1/2 cup choc chips or saltanas

Preheat oven to 180celcius, Add all dry ingredients to a bowl, add melted coconut oil, peanut butter, honey and eggs and mix well until combined. Place dough on a tray in tablespoon sized lumps and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

Good luck!
  • Options
    LO is 9 weeks and I have about 300 oz frozen in a chest freezer so far. I'm not sure how to best use it, but I'm hoping to extend the length of time she gets bm with it. And of course nice to have for emergencies too. I have way too much milk coming in now as I had to start pumping right away to supplement feedings per drs orders (low birth weight). So I'm only pumping when necessary for comfort, once in the am and once before bed. I get 8 to 10 oz each session. Dh feeds her a bottle a night, sitter feeds her a bottle twice per week while I'm out and I freeze the rest.
  • Options
    My little is 6 weeks today and as of the last few days I've been exclusively pumping. Before then it was a mix of pump and BF. I'm pumping around 6 times in 24 hours and after feeding little, can send one to two 6 oz bags to the freezer each day. Not sure what I'll ever do with all of that I have in the freezer - 150 ish ounces - because I pump enough to feed her with extra each day. I plan to pump in the morning, 2-3 times at work and twice once I get home/before bed.
  • Options
    I'm an idiot and somehow burned through my freezer stash :(. I'm not sure how many ounces I had saved but it was enough that I had to limit frozen items on my grocery list. My supply dropped when we started feeding her on demand because I stopped pumping on a strict schedule. I guess I underestimated how quickly I'd go through those bags! I'm definitely going to give some of those lactation cookies a try.