July 2015 Moms
Options

Baby not sleeping well DAY or NIGHT!

shelbs02shelbs02 member
edited September 2015 in July 2015 Moms
baby girl is 8 weeks tomorrow. She has never been a nap taker during the day only sleeping when being held, I can maybe get her to lay down for a couple 20 minute naps but that is it, MAYBE. At night we don't get her to sleep until 9:30-10, she sleeps 4 hours then up after that, does not want to be laid down only held. If you lay her down she fights sleep so bad kicking and screaming and gets all stirred up. Any suggestions???? I am so exhausted i feel so defeated all the time. You would think she would be so tired she would need to sleep better at day or night but it seems like she can run on very little.

Re: Baby not sleeping well DAY or NIGHT!

• Options
    Do you swaddle her at night? That makes a big difference for us.
  • Options
    Yes my little man is the same way he only naps during the day of he's on me. Unless I swaddle him before giving him the boob then when he falls asleep I can put him down and he will stay asleep for a 45 ish min nap when I do it at night we swaddle and I have a white noise for baby's on my phone that I put in car ride (he loves car rides so the sound is soothing) and I can get a 4-6 hour sleep from him, give him the boob and he will go for 1.5 to 2 hour intervals unless he isn't swaddled then maybe 20 min if I'm lucky I have a few different swaddlers, a suit bag looking one that zips up he prefers cause he can get his hand up and put on his face which comforts him like it does me when I sleep lol and I have Velcro ones too that work. The white noise machine makes a huge difference!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She seems to not like being swaddled. She gets mad that her hands can't touch her face
  • Options
    We do white noise and I try to lay her down when she is in a deep sleep that seems to help some but she just fights it so bad!
  • Options
    My little man likes the swaddle but
    His hands touching his face I recommend the swaddle that looks like a suit or dress protection bag I got one at Walmart and he can get a hand up to his face without getting out and sleeps much better in it :)
  • Options
    My daughter hates the swaddle too but its the only way to get her to sleep at night. She is obsessed with her hands, so if she isn't swaddled she puts her hands to her face and wakes herself up
  • Options
    My dd is fine sleeping at night but also isn't a great napper. I've just given into holding her during the day while she sleeps bc otherwise she's cranky. I'm going to try to do some sleep training around 4 months bc I'd like her to have some sort of a schedule before I go back to work. Anyway, I try to make her fall asleep during the day before she even shows signs that she's sleepy and that way she doesn't get overtired. I will normally start bouncing her about 1 1/2 after she last napped. Some days it works, others it's pointless lol Hope ur Lo starts sleeping better for u!
  • Options
    After a feeding we play for a little bit. Once he starts getting fussy I swaddle him tight, play "Lullaby" on my iPhone on repeat, give a pacifier, and rock for a little bit. Then, I put him in the swing (still swaddled). He will nap 2hrs plus. Since he's 3 months I stopped swaddling him for bedtime at night, and now I use the baby Merlin magic sleep suit. It took me a while to find what worked, but this has been the magic recipe for us!!! Keep trying the swaddle. I swear by it. Also, gripe water is great to calm them!
  • Options
    I may be wrong (so someone please correct me if I am) but I think 9 weeks is a growth spurt. Maybe your LO is just hitting that early so sleep is wonky from that. Push through and don't forget to take care of yourself too!
  • Options
    If it's not a growth spurt, maybe a leap! Look up the wonder weeks app. Tells you when baby will have their next developmental leap and which days will be good days & bad days.