TTC after 35
Options

TWW post (week of 9/28 - 10/4)

2»

Re: TWW post (week of 9/28 - 10/4)

• Options
    That moment when the cramps start and you fear AF is on her way as scheduled....
  • Options
    1inthehopper1inthehopper member
    edited October 2015
    And that moment when your iPhone cuts off half your post as it does half the damn time!! Grrr holding out hope still though as 12-13 DPO - FX no AF tomorrow!!
    How's everyone else doing???
    Edit: typos
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started spotting a little this morning but it seems to have gone away.  I'm 10 dpiui and will test on Monday.
  • Options
    Congrats @redheadbride15 :D
    I'm currently 11dpo, so I can officially start testing tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath. Did a day 21 test on Monday (was actually my day 22), but results come back only 8.75 :( doctors want to see a 10 at least apparently, so started taking supplements to try to get my number up.

Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    We just started trying, and I haven't been tracking my cycle very long, so I'm keeping my expectations low for this first official TWW. I've estimated I'm 4dpo, but trying not to get my hopes up since my data is so incomplete.
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So my test came back negative :(   . Thanks for all the good wishes, it is nice to have so many people cheering for you. Sorry it took a while to report back. I was traveling when i got the results and had limited access to the internet. We are pretty sad. But i am glad that we put in place the plan for the next transfer ahead of time so that we can seamlessly move on to the next step (without more appointments and all the decisions that come with them...). 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Options
    @redheadbride15 -- Congrats on the BFP!! Keep us posted on your progress. 

We need to start the graduate check in again so we can keep in touch w everyone. My life becomes more sane in about 2 weeks. If no one else wants to post a graduate check in, i can start doing it when i do the weekly check-ins. 
    Me (42) w/ partner for 16+ years
    TTC #1: 11/2012 - 9/2013; 6/2014 - present
    Follistim + TI (3x): All BFNs
    Follistim + IUI (1x): BFN 
    IVF #1: 17 retrieved,15 fertilized, Day 3: 15, Day 5/6: 3 biopsied
    Result; 1 frozen blast (inconclusive PGS results)
    IVF #2; ER: 6/22 16 retrieved, 6/25: 5 transferred (CP), 2 frozen
    FET 9/17: BFN
    Current FET -- Transferred 2 day-3 embryos - BFN

• Options
    I'm out- AF came this morning right on schedule. Positive thing is that my cycles are regular again since coming off BC.

Sorry to hear the news @dolphin012
  • Options
    So sorry to hear about this @dolphin012. What a bummer! I'm glad to hear that things are already lined up for the next one, though. I'll pray that your next transfer is successful!!!!

@1inthehopper - so sorry about AF's arrival. Blah! That's good that you're cycles are getting regular. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you for next time!

I'm happy to do the Grad check-ins!!!! I can look at some old posts to see how it was posted and everything. I'll start them next week. I've been so curious about how all our grads are doing!!
    ME: 36 (PCOS), DH: excellent SA
    NTNP since 11/12, actively trying since 8/14
    m/c @ 7w (4/22/14), m/c @ 6w (11/19/14)
    11/15: Letrozole, Ovidrel, TI = BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)=349, Beta #2(18dpo)=2,805
    12/17/15: Got to see the heartbeat (105bpm)!
    1/25/16: NT scan = normal (HB=163bpm)
    EDD: 8/10/16 
    8/8/16: Baby boy born @ 12:25am, 8lbs, 20.5 inches
    5/18/17: BFP!!! (11dpo)
    Beta #1(12dpo)=176.4, Beta #2(15dpo)=607.1
  • Options
    I'm so sorry @dolphin012 But I'm glad that you all already have the next steps in place. Will definitely be thinking of you and praying for you. I hope the next time is the one!

And, sorry about AF @1inthehopper But glad there is a bright side too! Regular cycles are good.

Grad check ins sounds great. Thanks for taking the lead on that @jilligan14 glad things are continuing to go well for you, @redheadbride15 :)
  • Options
    @dolphin012 I'm so sorry. I was really crossing everything for you. :(:(:(
    Once @CarrieandRoy said she wished there was a TTC complaint department and like someone to give us answers...I would be at that counter with you RIGHT NOW!
    Sending love and all the very best wishes for the next transfer. Xoxoxo >:D<
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, @dolphin012.  I'm glad you have a plan in place.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    So sorry @dolphin012 -- I hope you have better luck next time.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Options
    So sorry @dolphin012 !! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Damn @dolphin012!!  I was hoping this was the one for you.  I'm glad you have a plan to move to the next one.  I'm praying the next IVF is your lucky one...
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Sorry @dolphin012 FX for your next cycle
  • Options
    Ugh @dolphin012 I have been patiently waiting for your update. So upset for you but glad to hear you have a plan moving forward.
      • TTC #1 since August 2014
      • currently on 5th medicated IUI cycle
  • Options
    My DH and I have been trying for a year. Can someone tell me, do o actually see a line or is it wishful thinking on my part?
  • Options
    @amyj44. Looks like a faint line to me :)
  • Options
    If there's any question. It's best to wait a day or two and take another test. I prefer digital tests because there is no guessing in the reading of it.
  • Options
    New to this board - hopeful, but I don't know what to think this month. Last month my period was over a week early. I don't know if that's the new norm? I don't want to get too excited if I don't get AF at that time. Maybe it will come at the normal/regular time.
  • Options
    @dolphin012 I'm so sorry. Fingers crossed for your next one!
    ****Loss Mentioned***
    Me: 41 Him: 41
    TTC since December 2013
    HSG 9/18/14 = Tubes open but T shaped uterus
    IUI #1... 1/6/2015 + 50mg Clomid = BFN
    IUI #2... 1/29 & 30/2015 + 50mg Clomid +Tigger +Progesterone = BFN
    3/14 BFFP! Natural w/acupuncture & herbs only
    EDD = 11/22/15;  No heartbeat = 7/21/15
    Cooper Midnight Johnson born sleeping 7/25/2015

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Seriously, re: the drive bys. Blergh.

Felt so super nauseous and had terrible heartburn last night. Only 3-4 DPO, so my rational mind knows it's too early for that to be anything other than a response to the frozen pizza we had for dinner. But my non-rational, TTC mind wants to have a field day with it (I rarely experience either of those things under normal circumstances. And I didn't overeat). Oh, long two weeks. Come on and fly by!
  • Options
    @dolphin012 so sorry to hear. :( I'll be interested in what other options you'll consider even as you plan for the next FET. We're looking at IVF packages after meeting with RE last week and I really wish there was a better way to predict what will work.