2nd Trimester

Curious to know...

Hi mommies, lurker from tri 1. :) Just curious when some of your MS started to drift away? And curious what were some of your worst weeks? I have had MS since week 5.5 and since I've hit week 9, I have had uncontrollable gagging and vomit making it extremely difficult to work in my restaurant -_-

Re: Curious to know...

• I just had nausea thankfully but I started to feel really good around 11 weeks then for me 13-14 weeks I got headaches and the past 2 weeks or so I have felt my best.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was nauseous until about week 13, certain smells still get me. Also brushing my teeth still bothers me about half the time. I've been feeling good the last few weeks, although now my back and hips hurt. I'm 19+2 btw.
  • Loading the player...
  • Latina211508Latina211508 member
    edited September 2015
    I never had it. It really depends on the woman and pregnancy. It can go away after the first tri or you can have it up until the third tri or beyond that.
  • Mine didn't go until week 20 I'm afraid
  • I would get nauseous but never actually threw up.  I am so thankful for that, especially since I can not STAND the thought of having to vomit.  From other posts that I've read, many ladies say that once they hit the 2nd Tri, it starts to go away.  Many start to see relief around week 12-15. Hoping it eases up for you soon and you are not one of those mommies that has it all throughout pregnancy. 
  • I started feeling a bit better for a few weeks. The nausea is back again at 25 weeks.
  • Unfortunately, no one's experience is going to have bearing on yours. While many say MS fades by the end of 1st Trimester, that's not the experience for everyone. Personally, I had it for most of my pregnancy with DS. I had a few weeks of relief in 3rd Trimester, but still vomited most mornings. Until your MS subsides, I suggest finding ways to mitigate it. Ginger ale, smaller meals, and Preggie Pops were my go-to. Wishing you the best of luck!

• 16 weeks or so, though just yesterday at almost 24 weeks brushing my teeth set me off again... I will say that it did start to improve around 14 weeks, but I was still throwing up most days. Good luck! I hope you start to feel better soon.
  • Still have it and I'm 19 weeks.
  • 18 wks and still some slight nausea but no vomiting. Try some ginger gum it was my lifesaver otherwise there are a lot more options available now to help
  • it had stopped around 14 wks but now in my final trimester 26weeks and its back again. i throw up at the smell of food esp meat so no happy times for me these days im just trying to keep food down.
    goodluck :)
  • With DD, I had "morning sickness", or more accurately "all day sickness", almost every single day until I had her. It's not that uncommon for women to have issues the whole time and certainly common to have issues well into second tri. It sucks but for some people/pregnancies it just doesn't get better after first tri. Have you talked to you doctor about any medications that may help? There are a lot of different options that may be worth trying. 
  • It's "supposed" to get better around week twelve. I'm 15 w 1d and still feeling rough. Unisom sleep tabs (doxyalamine) help immensely! But the only kicker is they're, ya know, sleep tabs. I was doing okay until my flu shot then I was horrible for a week even with unisom. Still coming out of it a month later :/
  • For my first around 12 weeks I was feeling much better. For my second it took until 14-15 weeks until I felt much better, and only recently (17 weeks) have I noticed no nausea at all. I second trying Unisom sleep tabs before bed at night, and trying to get lots of small meals. Weeks 8-12 were the worst for me this time around.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm going to have to try the unisom! The doc prescribed me Zofran which I try not to take as much because the constipation is too real. Also, since week 8 and 9 the Zofran didn't even do much for me. It worked in week 7 but that's about it. I wake up every night needing to relieve my bladder, which is nbd, but falling back asleep afterwards takes forever. I lay awake for hours til I finally drift off again. Then by the time I wake up I'm nauseous from lack of sleep. Ayyyiyiyi
  • Total side note from this, but the same night I posted how I have yet to throw up during pregnancy, I violently threw up that night. =/  Something I ate at my dads house earlier that day did not settle right with my stomach.  Baby boy was having a field day flipping around in my stomach while I cringed at the thought of knowing I'd be soon throwing up all that I ate that day and even afterwards he was having a grand ol' time. Thankfully, I was one and done and the next day I felt much better.
  • MS started to relax around 19 weeks and I started to notice an increase in energy. I'm 21 weeks now and still vom on occasion but nothing like what it was
  • Mine stopped at 12 weeks with first two, this time it lasted until 16 weeks. I'm 18 weeks now and it's 90% gone but I still get tired really easily and still have a few food aversions.
  • Mine didn't go until week 20 I'm afraid

Me too. Still having it once a day or so, which is a million times better than the first few months.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Started at week 7 and still hanging around at week 27. :( My vomiting isn't too frequent anymore but I am always extremely nauseous in the morning. Vomiting stopped about two weeks ago.