August 2015 Moms
Options

Let's talk about sex

DH and I have had sex a few times. It's completely different than I thought it would be. I was nervous it would hurt from my tear(I just had a tiny one). The pain I have is more in my abdomen, I'm guessing from the weak muscles? I get the same pain when I workout. The issue I'm having is it just doesn't feel good anymore. I'm not having an issue with dryness, i just hardly feel anything. It's really dissapointing, I love sex and I miss the way it used to be. DH says it feels the same for him. I'm doing kegals. Anybody else going though this. Any btdt moms have advice?

Re: Let's talk about sex

• Options
    I had issues after my first was born, sex was great, but uncomfortable . It remained that way all through this pregnancy.. Giving Birth seemed to cure it for me, as I'm having no problems now.. Probably not great advice lol
  • Options
    How old is your baby? It definitely took a while each time for me to feel like I regained tightness down there and was back to my old self. I think we waited around 8 weeks the first time, and then only 4 the second time, and we learned that sooner is not always better so we are waiting again this time. It's been 7 weeks and I think we will be back at it this week. I still think it will take me time to get back into our old ways, but I don't think it will be as bad as it was when we did it after only a month postpartum last time. I also had some issues with incontinence last time so maybe that made the four week sex less than thrilling, he was a bigger baby so maybe I took a bigger pounding from the birth? This time around I have not had any incontinence issues and was small at birth so again, I'm hoping the sex isn't as terrible. ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KateDerek said:

How old is your baby? It definitely took a while each time for me to feel like I regained tightness down there and was back to my old self. I think we waited around 8 weeks the first time, and then only 4 the second time, and we learned that sooner is not always better so we are waiting again this time. It's been 7 weeks and I think we will be back at it this week. I still think it will take me time to get back into our old ways, but I don't think it will be as bad as it was when we did it after only a month postpartum last time. I also had some issues with incontinence last time so maybe that made the four week sex less than thrilling, he was a bigger baby so maybe I took a bigger pounding from the birth? This time around I have not had any incontinence issues and was small at birth so again, I'm hoping the sex isn't as terrible. ;)

My baby is 8 weeks. We were cleared for sex at 5 weeks and started having sex then. Hopefully it will just take time!
  • Options
    I'd say keep at the exercises and
    Give it some more time. It's only 8 weeks since you pushed a baby out - give your poor vagina a break ;)
  • Options
    It takes some time! It did with my first anyway. Even DH said once I am cleared it will be a month or so before its back to being good sex again.

• Options
    I just think it takes time. It's still fairly early to judge how sex is after baby for you. Hang in there!
        DS born 8-16-2013
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic