July 2015 Moms
Options

Breastfeeding moms

How long does it take you LO to eat? How old are they? My little guy is 11 weeks. He just started spacing out his feddings to 2.5-3 hours apart. But I feel like he's taking longer to eat now instead of becoming more effective. He takes 15-30 minutes each breast and takes both breasts each feeding. He used to take 10-15 minutes. He just had a tongue tie clipped on Tuesday and that's when this started. Maybe he's just still getting used to that??

Re: Breastfeeding moms

• Options
    My LO is 10 weeks and goes every 4 hours and eats 45 minutes typically. He put himself on that schedule. When he was going 3 hours I would just cut him off at 30 minutes but now I feel like he goes too long and needs the extra time. He's usually asleep when he goes past 3 hours so I don't want to wake him. If he's awake then he'll eat after 3 hours usually.
  • Options
    My girl is still doing every 2 hours. I really thought she was going to 3, but that only lasted 2 days. When she feeds she does 10 mins and only 1 side. She has always been on one side.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    One side, for about 6-8 mins. She is 8 weeks and has been eating every 2 hours except for during her afternoon nap and nighttime.
  • Options
    Mine does 6-8 min, both sides about every 3 to 3.5 hours.
  • Options
    3-4 hours during the day. 3-5 at night. 10-15 minutes per side (2 months old)
  • Options
    2 1/2- 3 hrs during the day and 5-6 hrs at night. 25-35 minutes usually on one side and my LO is 12 weeks on Tuesday!
  • Options
    Wow seems like it really does vary for each child. Thanks!
  • Options
    My LO is 8 weeks and still eats every 2 hours during the day. He eats from both sides and it takes a total of 45 minutes to an hour. I know he usually isn't eating the entire time, but he seems upset and not satisfied if I take him off any earlier. Not sure how to space them out longer but it's getting exhausting only having about an hour in between feedings especially when this one rarely naps and does not like to be put down.
  • Options
    @chrisaw you can't do anything to space them out. It will happen eventually. My LO ate every 1-1.5 for pretty much 7-8 weeks. I was so happy to get 2 hours between feedings! Now that he's going 2.5-3 I don't even know what to do lol. Just hang in there it will happen and I hear eventually they don't take as long to eat either. I'm pretty sure my LO isn't eating the entire time either, but he's the same way. If he seems to be sleeping and I unlatch him sometimes he gets frantic trying to find my boob-just to fall back asleep as soon as he has it.
  • Options
    Thanks @randa923! That's so funny about him falling asleep and gets mad when you unlatch, just to be put back on to fall asleep again. My LO to a "T"!!
  • Options
    11 weeks old and every 2 hours round the clock. Sometimes more often during the day. Occasionally he'll go 3 hours at night. I can usually only get him to nurse on one side and he takes 10 minutes.

Me: 33, DH: 35
    Married 10/13, TTC since 7/13
    Dx: MFI
    IUI #1 7/14: BFN
    IUI #2 8/14: BFN
    IVF #1 11/14: 20R17M15F
    Transferred 1 three day embryo! 7 frosties!
    BFP!  EDD 7/27/15

• Options
    4-10 mins on one side only and eats every 2-4 hours during the day and sleeps 6-8 hours at night.
  • Options
    Every 2-3 hrs during the day, usually both sides for about 5-7min. Nighttime she's only giving me 3-4 hrs lately, usually one side but for longer 10-12 min- really gets down to business. 2months wears 3 or 3-6 clothes.
  • Options
    AKOL0 said:

My girl is still doing every 2 hours. I really thought she was going to 3, but that only lasted 2 days. When she feeds she does 10 mins and only 1 side. She has always been on one side.

My daughter "snacks" all day. About ten minutes every two hours.