Pregnant after IF
Options

Pregant with a toddler

hi ladies!
I should introduce myself first.i am a SAHM and live in BRazil. We did a FET and were very excited when we got a bfp. I am only 4 weeks so I am still very cautiously optimistic.
Well, have a very active 20 month old toddler.
My Dr told me that I wasn't allowed to carry anything for the first 12 weeks. Let's just say this is impossible with a toddler.
This days he has been extremely clingy and keeps wanting to climb up on me. My arms even hurt at the end of the day from keeping him of me.
I am really scared of something happening to my new baby but I also don't want my DS to feel less loved.
I've tried to explain to him that mommy has a boo boo on her stomach and that he has to be very carefull but I don't think he really understand it.
How do you handle a new pregnancy with a toddler?
Do you do anything differently in your routine?
Tia!

Re: Pregant with a toddler

• Options
    We're using the word gentle a lot lol! I've got a 18m old so know how your feeling. Am treating this as my encouragement to make him more independent. He know walks as much as poss, needs to feed himself etc. have had so put up with some major tantrums but we're getting there. Am 18 weeks myself. Think all the walking helps though as have just had a 8:15 lie in - woop! Have stopped lifting him on the sofa as he can but chooses not to do this and simple stuff. Definitely harder for us than it is for them as their world is changing constantly. Good luck xx
  • Options
    my 2 1/2 year old likes to climb (and jump) on my stomach.  It scares me, but we have been working on it, and it's gotten better.  I also think he "knows"...  i think he can sense the HCG in me and is extra clingy because of it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a two year and just got a BFP last week.  I have the very same concerns.  I don't know what in the world I'm gonna do.  I have to lift him up all the time to get in his car seat and his high chair.  I've got to come up with a better plan.  I feel your pain!  Any advise from others would be much appreciated!

All Welcome

Me: 29 DH: 30

IF DX Endo Stage III/IV SA: PERFECT!

7/16/2011 Married handsome hubby!
    9/2012 Lap/Hystercopy DX w/ Stage III endo
    Bilaterial Uterine Suspension/D&C/HSG
    HCG/D&D on R/L ovaries/chromaltubation/Uterine Polyp
    10/2012 RE consult. DX move straight to IVF
    IVF #1 11/27/2012
    IVF #1 Cancelled for Low Response and Converted to IUI #1 --- BFN

IVF #1.2 BCP 12/29 Stims 1/21 w/ New Protocol - Antongonist (225 Menopur, 150 Follistim, & Ganirelix)
    ER 2/2/13 11R,9M,8F -- ET 2/7/13 2 Beautiful Perfect Blasts/5 made it Freeze! -- 2/12/12 +HPT -- 2/14/13 Beta #1 71 -- 2/18/2013 Beta #2 521 YAY! Let this be our take home baby!

4/21/13 Massive Hemorrhage from unDX placenta previa.  Bed Rest for 7 months.

10/17/13 Gave Birth to our 8lb 2oz baby boy! 

8/30/15 Started Meds for FET schedule on 10/13/15

10/13/15 TX two great blasts.  Beta scheduled for 10/22/15