June 2015 Moms
Options

FFFC!

Re: FFFC!

• Options
    We will use proper wordage here, too. I think it was either KonaCoffeeBean or Frogger5 (I don't want to tag them in case I'm wrong and they get a needless alert) who said they actually lost an abuse case because the child said she was touched on her peepee (or privates, or something...one of those cute-sy names people use for the genitalia) and the family swore up and down to the judge that was the word they used for 'face' in their family. So it will be penis and vagina in this house.
    But man, I would have really enjoyed watching DH cringe while trying to feel comfortable using the word vagina, lol. In this the parents of boys have it easier, I think. Men and boys don't mind talking about a penis and balls, and women can talk about penis and balls matter of factly, but only women seem to feel comfortable using the word vagina.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've never thought about proper verbiage in terms of abuse. That's an incredible point. When DD gets to speaking age, we will say vagina. For now it's a ha-poo-ka-coo. My MIL thinks it's hilariously weird, but it's the same thing my mom used for me when I was a baby. It's funny how certain "traditions" stay with you.
  • Options
    As to the stomach sleeping. LO has now officially learned to go back to belly as of yesterday and has decided to sleeping on his stomach is pretty swell. I turned him once and he rolled again and is sleeping really well so won't be messing with that! He's 17 weeks today so no worries mammas with younger babies!
  • Options
    mellymar said:
    We will use proper wordage here, too. I think it was either KonaCoffeeBean or Frogger5 (I don't want to tag them in case I'm wrong and they get a needless alert) who said they actually lost an abuse case because the child said she was touched on her peepee (or privates, or something...one of those cute-sy names people use for the genitalia) and the family swore up and down to the judge that was the word they used for 'face' in their family. So it will be penis and vagina in this house. But man, I would have really enjoyed watching DH cringe while trying to feel comfortable using the word vagina, lol. In this the parents of boys have it easier, I think. Men and boys don't mind talking about a penis and balls, and women can talk about penis and balls matter of factly, but only women seem to feel comfortable using the word vagina.

Yep, it was a case I had about three years ago. Absolutely awful.
    Coffee Bean Born 6/13/15.
    2nd round exp 8/20/18.
    Meow.
  • Options
    lo has been sleeping on her stomach for the past few weeks even before she could roll from stomach to back. As a mom you wake when your babys begins to stir so for the first few nights Id look at her while hearing her move just to make sure she was ok. But this way we don't have to swaddle or do anything with crazy sleep suits. Just a sleeper to bed. Now that she's in her pack n play and can roll we feel 100% safe and not worried about her at all. And she also sleeps with a blanket
    We like to break all the rules. The blanket is breathable but she's never put it by her face. If anything she kicks it off herself down at the end of her pack n play
  • Options
    @katyertl Curious what blanket your lo is sleeping with that's breathable? I've been swaddling my lo recently but for a few weeks before we went back to it. She would hold a little blanky while napping. I could watch her on the monitor so was fine with it, but would take it away at night when I went to bed. Now with her back in the swaddle she can't hold one but I let her have it on the side of her face if I'm up.
  • Options

@katyertl Curious what blanket your lo is sleeping with that's breathable? I've been swaddling my lo recently but for a few weeks before we went back to it. She would hold a little blanky while napping. I could watch her on the monitor so was fine with it, but would take it away at night when I went to bed. Now with her back in the swaddle she can't hold one but I let her have it on the side of her face if I'm up.

It's one that my sister in law got at a craft fair. She has one for her kids too. It's pretty awesome but since she got it there I haven't seen any sold retail like ours unfortunately :(
  • Options
    @katyertl oh :( thanks anyways!
  • Options
    @virginiaunicorn11 she may be in denial or so sleep deprived that she doesn't know the difference. I had a good friend who kept telling me how perfect her lo was. When I saw her at 4 weeks she looked awful and admitted that even though her baby slept well during the day but was up between midnight and 6 with colic. So the baby was definitely not perfect.
  • Options
    ^^Oo, interesting . My first 11 days were total hell. Day 14 started my upswing, though nothing super great til 6 weeks. How can I keep forgetting we and our babies are all so different?!
  • Options
    amccoy129 said:

I never have any idea how many weeks old LO is.

Haha me either! I have to check this app to know. Thank god I have it. If it were 10 years ago I'd just be making weeks up when someone asked. Although I just say 3 months when asked anyway.

lol, I was just about to say, "Well don't use this app!" It says my LO is 3 months and two weeks...but he's 4 months on Tuesday so I don't know where those other two weeks are gonna happen. (Lord knows I didn't sleep through them!!)
  • Options
    I just wanna say all you moms who let your babies sleep on their tummys need to get it together. Jk why don't we all buy this mattress
  • Options
    hoodoll82 said:
    I must confess: I say that I wish breastfeeding worked out for us... But I don't think I mean it! Formula is so easy! (No flaming, right?) I think I keep saying it because it's what I'm SUPPOSED to say.

It IS easy. I'm glad that I can go out places with LO and not have to worry if he gets cranky and wants to eat, I can feed him no problem. If I were bfing I would feed him then, too, but this way its 'socially acceptable'. I can leave the house and do stuff, leaving LO with DH. I still offer him bf time, but I also wonder often why I keep bothering. The decision may be taken away from me here shortly... it seems like they are drying up, and I'm not sure that I care.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    aj1327aj1327 member
    edited October 2015
    I produce so much milk and secretly, I sort of wish they'd dry up at this point. I know I'd probably be sad that I couldn't nurse, but I'd get over it in 2 seconds. Formula does seem so much easier, and honestly, as much as I love LO, I'm ready for my body to be totally mine again.

ETA: @virginiaunicorn11 I should probably check my app. I'm probably telling people all wrong because I trusted it. Haha.
  • Options
    The pediatrician put silver nitrate on my LOs belly button to dry up some oozy stuff and it permanently turned part of it a light maroon color. I'm worried he'll be self conscious about that when he's older. I'm probably thinking too much into it but it bothers me everytime I change his diaper...like was silver nitrate really necessary?
  • Options
    @klkonwi I feel like bf/ pumping has had the opposite effect. I figured I would lose more weight than I did. But I have gone from a 32 a to 34 d so that accounts for some weight. Also not trying to sound braggy but every time I pump I get at least 2/3 lb of milk and on several occasions a lb of milk if I waited too long.( A lb of milk in your boobs hurts like hell.)
  • Options
    hoodoll82 said:

mindaa said:

klkonwi said:

I also cannot wait to be done pumping/breastfeeding but for me it helps me burn calories (so shallow)...... And I know it's the breastfeeding because I've never lost weight in my life. I'm a gainer not a loser ...... So. I'm terrified at the same time to quit in case I just start packing on the pounds....

Ditto. I've been eating pretty much unrestricted for a year now, since I got pregnant, and I'm dreading having to change these habits when I stop.
    Or if you are like me, you don't, and just go shopping for bigger pants ;)

I just made an apple pie tonight because ... That's what you do in New England... And DH and I will eat it all in 2 days because it can be both breakfast and dessert!
    @hoodoll82 this just cracked me up. I'm team bigger pants too!