June 2016 Moms

BFP at home BFN at dr

Hey everyone!

I got three faint positives on hpt then went to the dr the next day and they said it was negative. Luckily, they took some blood and I'll know in the next few days. I was feeling really down so I bought a clear blue digital test which I took right after the dr and it said "pregnant". I read that the Dr's aren't as sensitive and that this happens really early (I'm only 4 weeks I tested super early).

Has anyone had this happen?

Re: BFP at home BFN at dr

• It could be the tests at the office are not as sensitive or if you drank / went to the bathroom before your appointment it could be diluted/not enough hcg built up. I had a friend that happened ot but blood work was positive. Best of luck !
  • I agree.  I am sure the doctors test just aren't as sensitive as the ones you are taking.  The blood work sill show!  Are they going to have you come back for a followup draw?
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• Loading the player...
  • I am surprised that they didn't believe you when you said you got a positive. I took four tests because I didn't trust the cheapies I bought. The nurse told me "well, one test should have been enough"
  • My friend had a negative at planned parenthood & then again at the hospital. Then went home took a home test & that was her only positive one she had gotten.
  • Congratulations!! Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months to you!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers  
      Lilypie Second Birthday tickers