February 2016 Moms
Options

livin la vida loca :)

I know it's around A/S time for all of us- which is exciting and anxiety ridden all in the same. to all you ladies on Team Green- I admire your willpower!!!
Hope everyone gets awesome news and beautiful scans!!
Besides those,
Anything exciting y'all are looking forward to? Trips, salons, planned outings, meals, etc.?

Re: livin la vida loca :)

• Options
    Alabama football is ALWAYS exciting!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Roll Tide! Hehehe
  • Options
    In about 1.5 weeks I will be going to Arizona to visit my oldest friend, we've known each other since kindergarten. And the trip is kid free!! It's only for 4 days but hopefully it's relaxing. I'm only worried about flying. I use to fly all the time but haven't in 4 years and obviously never pregnant. On top of my regular anxiety I think it'll be pretty nerve wrecking.
    Other than that I'm excited for Apple and pumpkin picking. Sad I can't have fresh cider this year:(
  • Options
    I'm looking forward to clearing out our spare room too!! Can't decide on a color for the nautical themed nursery yet.
    We're going to Cracker Barrel for breakfast tomorrow (give me allllll the hashbrown casserole) and then to BRU to look at car seats and probably start the registry. A girlfriend and I are going after my scan to do the whole thing but I'm excited to get started!!
    We lost to the Giants last night so no football to look forward to this weekend.

@baya5 Why can't we have cider? So many rules!
    Apple pie shine has been my fall favorite... Obviously I will not be partaking this season. But yum!!!
  • Options
    I want to go start the registry tomorrow. Obviously we have to work around both college and NFL football :)

*Kate*

February 2016

• Options
    I'm going to a birthday brunch tomorrow at a fancy restaurant, and I was all excited about the prospect of fancy brunch foods until I saw the menu, and there's not a single pancake or french toast option.  I'm pregnant and I really just can't deal with a brunch menu that has a salad section.  Lamest brunch options ever.  But I'm excited to see the birthday girl!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @acuteangles that's preposterous!!! We need the carbs!!!
  • Options
    My sister is coming to help me today. I'm super excited. I'm gonna take her to the outlets tomorrow. I need pants really badly because I'm already busting out of my maternity pants from last time. I've got 2 pomegranates in there rn. I run around the house in nighties and robes because my pants are cutting off my circulation!
  • Options
    We're going on vacation in five days! I'm super excited. Taking the train East to visit my childhood best friend, then driving to DH's cousin's wedding, then up to visit other family, then flying home. It's going to be crazy and super fun! I can't wait.
    How far east are you going?

Married.....09/08/2012
    Baby F.......02/02/2016
  • Options
    We're going on vacation in five days! I'm super excited. Taking the train East to visit my childhood best friend, then driving to DH's cousin's wedding, then up to visit other family, then flying home. It's going to be crazy and super fun! I can't wait.
    From WA to Iowa! It'll be a two day train trip with a toddler. IDK if we're crazy or brave!
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • Options
    @AdventureMama, you've lost your mind. ;) Bring tons of snacks, easy food for you guys and C. I haven't been on the Empire Builder (I think that's the one that goes east?), but the Coast Starlight doesn't have a huge variety of food options.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    VitaLuna said:
    @AdventureMama, you've lost your mind. ;) Bring tons of snacks, easy food for you guys and C. I haven't been on the Empire Builder (I think that's the one that goes east?), but the Coast Starlight doesn't have a huge variety of food options.
    It is the Empire Builder! We got a sleeper room thing so meals and coffee/tea/water are included, which is nice. But yeah, we bought C a lunchbox and we're going to have a food bag too. I think being able to walk around, look out the windows, and have room to stretch will help. He is obsessed with trains so I'm looking forward to seeing how he likes it. 
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • Options
    I have 6 days off in a row next week, and I'm actually looking forward to cleaning for once in my life! Basement needs to get cleaned out, so the spare bedroom furniture can get stashed to make room for baby's stuff! I'm going to hate every second of doing it, but I can't wait to get started on the nursery!!
  • Options
    @dragonfly321 - being pregnant, we aren't suppose to have unpasteurized cider or eggnog. Totally sucks as I love both.
  • Options

From WA to Iowa! It'll be a two day train trip with a toddler. IDK if we're crazy or brave!

Woohoo! Love iowa :) obviously...I live here lol
  • Options

@dragonfly321 - being pregnant, we aren't suppose to have unpasteurized cider or eggnog. Totally sucks as I love both.

FFFC...I'll be enjoying both :) no worries here.
  • Options
    @AdventureMama my DD loves trains, too. The longest we've gone is 6hrs, though!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @Twindling I was waiting for someone to say that!!! Cider time is here!!!
  • Options
    My 20 year high school reunion is tonight. I'm going to the fair tomorrow morning and a wedding tomorrow night. Sunday going to the SO's baseball game. Some time in there we're supposed to go register at BRU and buy paint for the baby's dresser.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    We are throwing my son a second birthday party on Sunday. So I'm excited about that although there's a lot of prep work left to do.

Also in a couple of weeks hubby and I are taking our first vacation without a child since our son was born two years ago. He had enough frequent flyer miles to get us down to Puerto Rico and enough Marriott points to put us up for a few days. Looking forward to some sun and virgin drinks and adult time.
  • Options
    Twindling said:

Woohoo! Love iowa :) obviously...I live here lol

That's awesome! I actually grew up in IL, in the Quad Cities. But my BFF bought a house across the river in Davenport so that's where we're going!
    Married 8.5.12
    Caleb born 10.9.13
    2.0 due 2.1.16
  • Options
    Sunshine&rainSunshine&rain member
    edited September 2015
    @dragonfly321 Ooh why did you mention cracker barrel, I grew up around them but now I live in canada with no Cracker Barrel anywhere around.... Boohooooo....
  • Options
    Latina211508Latina211508 member
    edited September 2015
    My husband and I are planning to do our third Disney trip with our 3 kids, probably going in October. My youngest child is turning 3 in a little over a month. So we want to plan something fun for her. I'm planning on dying my hair to my natural color pretty soon, I have an ombré color now. Just some things I'm looking forward to.
  • Options
    H is leaving to go back to the Netherlands for 2 weeks to sort stuff out with his house. I'll miss him but looking forward to spending some girly time after work with my mom. Hoping it stays peaceful and we don't argue though :D We've planned a lazy work holiday to Singapore for a few days when he gets back .
  • Options
    Going to start the registry process this weekend, which I'm super excited (and slightly overwhelmed) for.  :)  Also, as of tonight we just booked a veeery short (2 days, 1 night) babymoon in Palm Springs.  We're trying to meet an ambitious savings goal by the new year, and I can't afford to take any days off work right now (I don't get any paid time off), but my husband convinced me that a weekend a way wouldn't kill us, and now that it's booked I'm excited!  

I have been DYING to swim this whole time I've been pregnant, so we booked a place with a gigantic pool and a spa that does prenatal massages.  This will also be the weekend of my 35th bday, so I'm trying to loosen the purse strings in my mind and have a fun, indulgent weekend.

Jealous of all you ladies doing fall related stuff - we've had a stupid heat wave here lately and it's hard to get in the spirit of my favorite season.  Hell, it's supposed to be about 100 degrees here in LA tomorrow!  UGH.
  • Options
    Baby moon sounds great. Enjoy! :)
  • Options
    We have taken our last trip before baby, which is bittersweet. As H mentioned last night, I'm in full-on nesting mode! We need to move some furniture around in our house and get rid of some things to accommodate baby, so that may happen tomorrow (I have a work event all day today and H is at a football game).

We checked out Buy Buy Baby last night and OMG! So much fun and so overwhelming. I was not sure I would register there, since it just opened in our town and is a good 20-25 minute drive for most people I know, but after last night I am sure. Even just for the completion discount, it is worth it. We are going to go back and register next weekend after we find out the sex on Friday. So excited!

As for other upcoming plans, H has said he wants to have a "fall party" or BBQ at our house sometime. We haven't hosted a big group in quite a while, so that will be fun.
  • Options
    Chicago for the weekend!
  • Options

I DROVE back west , from Maryland to California, and back during my first trimester. You aren't (hopefully) vomiting like crazy anymore so enjoy the gorgeous scenery amd just know you can survive!

Also don't drive across the country, ever. It's horrible.
  • Options

Ahhhh welcome to my neck of the woods! Not very many outsiders visit "us", unless you're a politician! Enjoy your time, some of the nicest people on earth (but I may be biased!). Harvest is just starting up, if you have time, take a drive out to the country to see what we are all about. Pretty neat if you've never seen it. Again I'm biased ;).
  • Options
    My best friend of 15+ years is visiting and is going to my anatomy scan with me on Thursday. I'm super excited!!!!