3rd Trimester
Options

Cramps? Contractions?

I am 36 weeks -37 on Monday. At me last appointment we found out the baby's head was all the way down-engaged in my pelvis and my mucus plug is slowly coming out. All good news!! However, all this week I keep having what feels like a muscle cramp in my belly. Sometimes the belly gets hard, sometimes just the bottom or just the top will. The cramps only last between 5 and 20 seconds but they are enough to usually stop me if I'm walking or talking. Could these be real contractions? Do some women feel contractions as cramps? There is a lot of pressure and pain in my pelvis and hips as well. My doctor thinks I'll go into labor naturally before 39 weeks-this is my second pregnancy. I just don't want to get myself hopeful that something is actually happening and find out this is just normal pregnancy pain and nothing's going on! Any thoughts?

Re: Cramps? Contractions?

• Options
    Sounds like Braxton hicks. I also was engaged in pelvis and slowly losing my mucus plug at 36 weeks. Real labor started at 39+6.

Early contractions felt a little like period cramps but I knew when they were real bc they started wrapping around to my back and we're coming at regular intervals at increasing intensity. They were between 45 and 90 seconds long. Until you see regularity its generally bh. Put your feet up and drink lots of water.
  • Options
    They stopped after a hot shower, big glass of water and a rest. Still
    Having small ones throughout the night once I got up. Very hopeful this boy comes soon! I am so anxious to me him! Also-this has been the worst pregnancy so I am beyond ready for it to be over!!!
    Thank you!!