April 2016 Moms
Options

Looking for help on ways to announce to family and reveal gender !

melisaleighmelisaleigh member
edited September 2015 in April 2016 Moms
My husband and I are planning to tell our families and announce the gender of our baby on his birthday. Looking for any ideas advice help on how to combine the two in a fun way. This is our first baby!!

Re: Looking for help on ways to announce to family and reveal gender !

• Options
    Bizzle29Bizzle29 member
    edited September 2015
    Dude we're doing the same thing. My husband's birthday is Monday and our family doesn't know we have an ultrasound scheduled that day.
    I'll be 14 weeks. We got a guess at from a very experienced tech at our 12w. So even tho 14 weeks is still iffy we're gonna go with it anyway and announce the gender. If it ends up wrong. Oh well. Lol. Just another fun surprise coming later.
    Anyway. Since our families don't know we have an ultrasound the morning of his birthday the plan is to make cupcakes with pink or blue inside and them after the ultrasound and just serve them at his family birthday get together that evening.
    People will have no idea they're biting into a gender reveal cupcake (cause it's just his birthday cupcakes, right?) until they see a bright color inside chocolate cupcakes and then they'll be like ... "Wait.. What?!"
    Oh and I should add: all my siblings have been having babies so they're all pretty familiar with "gender reveals" and I think once they see a color inside the cupcake they'll know right away what they're looking at but be shocked.
    Lol I can't wait.

Especially since they ALL think I'm having a girl and I think it's going to end up being a boy (Ramzi, nub, and 12w scan all agree so far)
  • Options
    I didn't do any sort of gender reveal with my last; we just called our parents and told them. This time  I am thinking of having all the grandparents over for dinner and surprising them at dessert with gender reveal  cupcakes... (pink or blue filling). I think it would be fun for us all to find out together, and it's not too AW-ish since it's just us and our parents. A fun little surprise! (my husband and I will find out the sex beforehand, not when they do.)
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're doing a silly string gender reveal. My plan to tell my parents was to get them a little gift that said "grandma" and "grandpa" on it. Like a picture frame, hat, t-shirt, key chain or coffee cup. It didn't end up happening that way lol but I still think it would've been a cute idea lol.
  • Options
    We didn't in the past, but since my kids are older now, I think they would absolutely love to find out this way. We're in between doing a cake/cup cakes or a box with balloons in it. It's not going to be a big thing, we'll have the kids and our parents, and whatever friends feel like coming.
    DS 10/19/09

DD 3/14/11

BFP 8/8/12 EDD 4/20/13 MMC @ 9+ wks D&C 9/27/12

DS2 9/12/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    A friend of mine used several different reveals and taped them all, then mashed together all of the reactions while carefully editing out any hint toward the sex until the very end. It was adorable to see the reactions of everyone close to her.
    Also, you will be revealing the *sex* of the baby, the gender cannot be determined by an ultrasound. Sex is physical, gender is mental. There are people who get a bit touchy about the difference and most people either don't know or simply don't think about what the words actually mean. Just a heads up!
  • Options
    We haven't decided on what to do for everyone else but we recently had the Verifi test done. I told the doctor to please call my husband with the results. This is one part he can "own" and make special. He is so excited to plan a big gender reveal surprise for me, it's awesome to see him so engaged!!!
    C + N 8.3.13
    Baby due April 6! 
  • Options
    "Sex reveal" sounds dirty.