1st Trimester
Options

Test Line vs Control Line

sherri&davidsherri&david member
edited September 2015 in 1st Trimester
I'm freaking out a little because I miscarried last year. I took a couple tests after I was 3 days late and the test line was much darker than the control line. I'm 6 weeks now and I took another one and both lines were dark, but the control line was a tad darker. Should I be worried?

Re: Test Line vs Control Line

• Options
    m6aguam6agua member
    edited September 2015
    It's too early or this.

that being said, I'm sorry for your loss. Stop taking tests. Call your doctor to set up your first appointment if you haven't already. Then wait for that appointment.

ETA a line is a line. Doesn't matter how dark it is.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Options
    All of your tests are positive.  Congrats.  Make an appt.

TTC #1 10/2014
    Low progesterone
    BFP 05/2015
    Baby boy born 01/2016
    Currently: NTNP

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    At 6 weeks why r u still testing? The darkness of the line isn't an indicator of anything...make an appt with an OB. Congrats on ur pregnancy
  • Options
    I've made an appt :-). I am nervous because I'm 44 and was told I couldn't get pregnant. Surprise! And I was feeling pretty crappy with symptoms and then they are subsiding some over the last couple days. I'm worried its happening again.
  • Options
    Jules08Jules08 member
    edited September 2015

A line is a line.  Each test and dye reacts differently, the darkness is NOT an indicator of viability.  Same with symptoms, they come and go - not an indicator or the viability.

Stop testing, wait for your OB appointment.  Today you are pregnant, congrats.

• Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    It's ok to be worried. It's natural. I know people say that the strength of the line does not matter- but on another thread a lady kept testing and her lines kept getting more faint each time until eventually she got a negative and it was confirmed she had a chemical pregnancy. I'm by no means saying this will happen to you and your lines look good and strong. Apparantly it does not matter which is thicker the test line or the positive line. I'm 37 and also worried about being an older mother.im still testing now and im 6 weeks 2 days. I know it's ridiculous but it gives me comfort as I won't get a scan for a good while yet. Don't even see midwife for my first appointment until nearly 9 weeks. All I can say to both of us- is try not to worry! Enjoy being pregnant.congratulations xxx
  • Options
    I'm 6 weeks and 2 days also! Good luck and thank you for the reply! I see mine on the 5th so I will be almost 8 weeks, but kind of want to wait and go later. Guess I will just take it a day at a time.
  • Options
    Congratulations, you're pregnant! :) Now stop torturing yourself by peeing on sticks! A line is a line is a line is a line. I don't think there is any cause for concern but let your doc know just for peace of mind. Also, just a friendly FYI, it's against the TOU to post pictures of your pee sticks.

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh I didn't know!!! Thank you!
  • Options
    @sherri&david - Google the hook effect...could be that or it could just be your urine was diluted or that the tests have different levels of ink!

BFP #1  7/19/15, CP 7/26/15
    BFP #2  9/17/15, EDD 5/28/15
    BabyFetus Ticker