3rd Trimester

Raspberry leaf tea????

I've heard a lot about drinking this tea to help the process of labor started. I'm due in a week and I really want to start moving things along. Have any of you moms try this and have it worked?

Re: Raspberry leaf tea????

• It won't start labour but it's supposed to strengthen your uterus to help it to contract when you're actually in labour. I think it's recommended from 32-34 weeks to give it chance to build up. I didn't find it particularly useful last time.
    That said, it shouldn't do any harm to drink it now and it will at least help you to feel that you are doing something that may lead to a quicker labour.
  • You can't control how your labor is going to be. There are so many different variables in the birthing process. That said, you also are only a week away from your edd. What's the rush? It's 7 days. Sit back and relax. Your baby will come when he/she is ready. :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with waiting it out, if your body is not ready it wont happen no matter what you do...

Also RRL tea has to be started in early second tri, its to strengthen your uterus... So it can make contractions better, but not start labor and it needs time to build up the strength... You cant just start working out and be strong in a few days... Sorry

Good luck!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!