January 2016 Moms

How much does your babies weigh?

My baby boy's estimated weight at my 24 weeks scan is 844g but from what I can see the weight should be closer to 600g! Does anybody else's baby weighs significantly more than they should be?

Best Answers

• Loading the player...

Answers

• ashhsaashhsa member
    edited September 2015
    I agree with pp. all the way through my friend pregnancy they told her her baby was small, and weighed less than she should, right up to the last minute. then, she gave birth to a 9 pound bub! ThiNk of it as an estimate. It's not a certainty.
  • At 22 weeks, my twin girls were each estimated to be a pound. Think weights are a range of normal at this point.
  • At 23 weeks, baby is 1 pound 2 ounces...the doctor said I'm on target for my due date of 1/17 :)
  • I wouldn't pay much attention to ultra sound weights, they are usually pretty inaccurate. I was overdue with daughter and they said she was measuring 9lbs 11oz by the ultrasound,she was born 3 days later at 8lbs 12oz.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • When they did mine it was just based on a formula - it is like a good guess. Also, the range for "normal" is very wide. Unless your doctor was concerned, please don't worry about this!
  • Last week I was 24weeks and I had another ultrasound...she doesn't like to cooperate .... And she weighed 1lb. 6oz.
  • Brillant, thanks ladies!
  • Mine was 24oz at 23 weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • At 23 weeks, baby is 1 pound 2 ounces...the doctor said I'm on target for my due date of 1/17 :)

Julie, that was exaxctly my baby boys weight at 23 weeks and I am due on the 17th too ;).
  • At 22w5d mine was estimated 1lb 3oz!
  • leap_frogleap_frog member
    edited September 2015
    nackie said:

At our 20w ultrasound ours was measured at 14oz. I think 10oz is what's considered normal for 20 weeks. Doctor didn't seem worried about it, so I won't either

^this! But at 19 weeks.
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • at 23 weeks he was measuring at 1.8 lbs
  • I'm pretty sure at my 18week scan and u/s baby weighed about 8oz .
  • Our ultrasound tech said something like 'just for fun and keeping in mind it doesn't really mean anything at this point your baby probably weighs about x amount'. I really don't even remember what she said because its basically just a slightly educated guess at this point u less so ething is really off.
  • At my 22 week check up which was last week , I was told my baby is about 1 1/2 pounds and growing rapidly :) I'm a scared yet happy mama
  • Just had a 2nd anatomy scan at 23 weeks 6 days and Baby A was weighing 1lb 4oz and Baby B was being 1lb 6oz. I was told they are great sizes.
    1st child DOB 9/3/02

SO and I met 6/25/06

Married 9/2/12

Due date 1/16/16 with our twins!
  • At our 20 week ultrasound our baby weighed 13 oz. I needed to go for another ultrasound at 22w4d and baby was up to 1 lbs 5oz +/- 3oz. I couldn't believe how much baby gained in just over two weeks. I was told by ultrasound tech and Doctor I was measuring right on par.
  • I am 24 weeks and my little Stinker weighs 1pound & 1 ounce :)
  • Can we let this thread die please? Reading the topic hurts my brain