3rd Trimester
Options

Hormones making me hate my man

chloeclobochloeclobo member
edited September 2015 in 3rd Trimester
I'm really struggling to be nice to my partner. It sounds so bad because I love him so much and we already have a little boy. But since I've been pregnant this time I hate his guts he annoys me with every movement and word even though he is being quite supportive he is getting fed up with my moods and it's causing tention in our house. Does anyone else find them selfs like this and unable to control it

Re: Hormones making me hate my man

• Options

I also don't think you should blame hormones for this. You need to have a serious talk with him or do some reflecting on why you hate him so much.

• Options
    I also agree with PPs.  Hormones can be blamed for getting teary-eyed easier than normal or maybe being a bit more annoyed than you usually were but they don't make you hate someone you previously loved.  
    YCSWU 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm with the PPs to "hate" your partner and constantly be fed up with them is a bigger issue than "hormones". Have I cried over not getting the right dipping sauce for my nuggets- oh yeah, thanks to hormones. Have I been annoyed by DH for something if normally let slide- sure. But hating him definitely not. It sounds like you need to look inward and see what you are really upset about so it can be addressed before it torpedoes your relationship.
  • Options
    I'm kind of in the middle I guess. I've noticed a short fuse to regular offenses as well as sudden anger to things that aren't usually an issue. I guess if I look really really hard I could try to find an underlying issue but it doesn't really feel that deep sometimes. Like last night I had hip pain and Braxton hicks and I was sleepy but unable to sleep topped off by I haven't done anything on my baby prep list today. He tried to be super nice about it and be helpful but I just needed him away from me. I recognize my levels are elevated and i make an attempt to keep it together or let him know whats going on. This morning it had passed. I guess maybe the concerning part is the way you describe it the "hate" or irritation seems to remain constant for you. If it is maybe that is something to look into...cause in my opinion if our hormones are all over the place we should also be having moments where we want to be close to them (so's).
  • Options
    I don't blame my Preggers Hormones on my mood swings towards my SO. Not at alll! Though, we have yet to fight, argue, etc., in the past 2.5 years. Even Pre Pregnancy. I also was a moody, snappy, snarky Being pre pregnancy, as well. So, I just blame myself, if I get moody with the hubby! Sure. Hormones do some crazy things to your body. But they do NOT make you hate your SO! :-S If you hate someone that much, there is something MORE deep and personal going on, than the "hormones"! Try talking it out with him. Or counseling maybe. I'm not sure. But try SOMETHING, at least!
  • Options
    Personally, I am naturally moody. The hormones, for me, have just amplified my mood swings at times. I think you should think about what is pissing you off about him and then talk to him about it.
  • Options
    I was very sick and moody during my 1st trimester that I kicked my dh out of the bedroom for 3 months until my morning sickness got better. :( every move or sound he make annoyed me. Things got better...but now that I'm 8 months and have to pee every hour at night, he's sleeping in another room again. :((