TTC After a Loss
Options

New and ttc

I was wondering if any of you ladies have any advice about how to stay sane while ttc after a loss? I lost my son after giving birth at 22 weeks 2 years ago. We have decided to start ttc again and to be frank I am terrified. I'm scared it won't work, or worse that it will and I will fail again. HELP!

Re: New and ttc

• Options
    I had a mc in April at 9w after trying not for a year. I try to stay as sane as I can by going and doing fun things on the weekends, but there is always a dark cloud hanging over me. I have too many pregnant friends and coworkers, which just adds to the misery.
  • Options
    I try to take it one day at a time, rather than obsessing over what might happen. Focusing on temping, charting, eating healthy, taking my prenatals and supplements, having sex in my fertile window, etc. right now. When I do get another BFP, I will be reminding myself every day "today I am pregnant" and will try not to worry about what tomorrow will bring. Day by day.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi there, I am new to the board but I feel your pain. I think about TTC all the time. My husband and I started trying to conceive in May and fell pregnant in July only to lose our baby at 5 weeks 5 days. I just finished my first period since the loss and I have been having a hard time concentrating on anything else.

What I have been doing is throwing myself into working out. Not only do the endorphins kick in and make you feel good but working out is great for fertility. I have found that getting into shape and placing goals for myself has worked very well. Truly, there is only an upside to this as staying hydrated increases the quality of your cervical mucus during ovulation and eating well, AKA not junk food when TTC also helps with your fertility. I realize that this may not be for everyone but I wanted to share how I am keeping my mind off of it as much as possible. Good luck and best wishes!
  • Options
    Totally feel your pain. Scared about all the same things myself. I actually just recently told my SIL about our loss. She is the only one outside my DH, boss, and an aquaintence I drunkenly told at a wedding (whoops!) that knows and I was surprised how much better I felt. Although I can't really talk I am still waiting for AF to return 13 weeks after my D&C and can't stop googling all the things that could mean. Why do we torture ourselves so?!?!
  • Options
    @valleric @AL_TwinCities @Heidirebeccahann @crob5685 thank you all for sharing and for the advice! I really appreciate it. And Google is the enemy.. Stay away!!