Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Endo Help

To my fellow endo suffers out there, I have a question.  Since I have gone off HBC, my endo has really flared up and the few days before AF I am really in agony.  My old standbys of heat and advil are not cutting it and it is keeping me from working pretty regularly.  I know that the best solution is to get pregnant fast, but that is not happening.  What do you guys to do help deal with the pain?  I don't want to go home from work today, but I can't even walk at the moment.

Re: Endo Help

• Options
    I'm sorry. I understand how you feel. I have at least one day a period where the pain and nausea keeps me from work, too. If the old standbys are no longer working, call your doctor. Maybe there is a stronger, TTC-safe pain med you can take?

I know this probably has zero appeal for you now, but no joke--gentle yoga stretching helps me. I tend to have a lot of pain in my hips, lower back, and pelvis due to endo flares, and gentle hip and ab stretching tends to lessen it a little. Maybe this isn't applicable to how your flares present, but it's one suggestion.
  • Options
    crdo said:
    I'm sorry. I understand how you feel. I have at least one day a period where the pain and nausea keeps me from work, too. If the old standbys are no longer working, call your doctor. Maybe there is a stronger, TTC-safe pain med you can take? I know this probably has zero appeal for you now, but no joke--gentle yoga stretching helps me. I tend to have a lot of pain in my hips, lower back, and pelvis due to endo flares, and gentle hip and ab stretching tends to lessen it a little. Maybe this isn't applicable to how your flares present, but it's one suggestion.
    Thank you for the advice.  I will try everything you suggested...even the yoga (I'm desperate).  I just called my Dr. and left a message, so hopefully they will have some suggestions.  Thanks again!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    crdocrdo member
    edited September 2015
    thesinga said:

crdo said:

I'm sorry. I understand how you feel. I have at least one day a period where the pain and nausea keeps me from work, too. If the old standbys are no longer working, call your doctor. Maybe there is a stronger, TTC-safe pain med you can take?

I know this probably has zero appeal for you now, but no joke--gentle yoga stretching helps me. I tend to have a lot of pain in my hips, lower back, and pelvis due to endo flares, and gentle hip and ab stretching tends to lessen it a little. Maybe this isn't applicable to how your flares present, but it's one suggestion.

Thank you for the advice.  I will try everything you suggested...even the yoga (I'm desperate).  I just called my Dr. and left a message, so hopefully they will have some suggestions.  Thanks again!
    ---------qbf--------

Heh, yoga isn't necessarily a solution for everyone, but maybe it'll offer you a little relief. I hope your doctor calls you back soon with a solution for your pain. Hugs.