July 2015 Moms
Options

Swimming with 2 mo. old?

We are visiting family in FL next week and they have a heated pool. We want to let our 2 month old LO kick around (while holding her of course) and see if she likes the pool.

I'm having trouble finding swim diapers small enough to fit her (about 10lbs). I'm also deciding if I need to get a full-body sunsuit since she's too young for sunscreen.

Any thoughts or recommendations on what she should wear swimsuit/diaper-wise? TIA!

Re: Swimming with 2 mo. old?

• Options
    I don't think they have swim diapers small enough. I took my lo in once this summer, but just left her regular diaper on..we weren't in that long. As far as the bathing suit, I waited until like 5 o'clock when the sun wasn't so hot, so she just wore a normal bathing suit. I would probably put her in one of those with the long sleeve tops if you're going to be in the Florida sun. Also maybe take one of those baby rafts with the roof over it? My cousin had her lo in our pool and she kind of held her in one of those under the roof (she also put sunscreen on her, as she told me her pediatrician said its better to put it on them than have them burn)
  • Options
    If they aren't worried about a chance of poop, skip the diaper.  Other options include swim diapers (check out Bummis - my lo wore one at 8lbs), and just a cloth diaper cover - those come as small as newborn size!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I live in Florida. I'd suggest like pp said to use a cloth diaper cover, and definitely one of those long sleeve shirt things. DS hasn't gone in the water yet but he has little swim trunks and a long sleeved shirt he wears when we go to the pool. We usually go when it's later in the afternoon so the sun isn't right on him.
  • Options
    I live in Florida as well. I put LO in the swimming pool at like 3 weeks old. We went later in the day when the sun wasn't so hot and I just left a onsie on him and a regular diaper. I was holding him and just had his bottom half in the water and he was only in the pool for abt 5 mins. I do have a little raft for him that's a boat and has a bottom so he doesn't get wet as well.