Trouble TTC
Options

Intro

Hi ladies,

I've never posted on any type of forum before but I've been creeping around reading your posts the last couple of weeks & I've really appreciated everyone's honesty. I realize I am not as crazy as I thought.

I'm 36, DH (still don't know what that stands for) is 43. We've been trying since May 2013. I have an irregular cycle & mild PCOS symptoms, his tests came out fine. We are self employed so our insurance does not cover fertility. I'm currently doing acupuncture/herbs and am planning on trying Clomid- I have an appointment w/ my obgyn for 10/19.

Thanks for being open about your journeys!
TTC since May 2013
Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion

Re: Intro

• Options
    Welcome, and I'm glad that you decided to join the group!  DH stands for "Dear Husband" :-)    You can find a list of our common acronyms in our New Visitor post found here. 

Have you had your fertility testing (meaning bloodwork and an HSG)?   If not, I would recommend going to a reproductive endocrinologist (RE) and NOT to an OBGYN unless the OBGYN will be giving you full testing and will monitor you on Clomid.   The HSG will check to see if you have blocked tubes which is a common problem, and if that's the case no amount of Clomid will help, and could actually hurt your fertility if not monitored.

Good luck!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Options
    Hello, and thank you for reaching out! I did obtain fertility testing (HSG, blood test on day 3 of my cycle and semen analysis) because a local RE was running a special for uninsured people. Beyond that, it gets really expensive to pay cash. After reading the boards I am actually hesitant to go through my ob-gyn but pricing with the RE was double. I am actually about to start a new thread asking for advice for people without insurance that covers fertility.  My acupuncturist gave specific instructions- that she wants an u/s on day 10 (i think?) so I guess I will feel my ob-gyn out and then go from there. Thank you thank you for your response!
    TTC since May 2013
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! I've tried acupuncture 2x. Have you had a goo experience? The woman I see stresses me out and is all about vegan and gluten free. I feel so guilty when I leave.

We've done 6 cycles of fermara, 5 TI and 1 IUI. We're considering transitioning to complete Chinese medicine infertility treatment if we don't conceive soon.

I wish you luck!
  • Options
    Hello! Overall it has been a positive experience - it's just the infertility that has me uncomfortably emotional! I have been trying to do gluten free as well as I heard from more than just her that it can cause inflammation which can impact fertility. I experience the same guilt though when I not super strict- usually at the end of my cycle I am thinking 'there is more I could have done...." I am really sick of the negative thoughts I have & know that it can't be conducive to conceiving! Acupuncturist is also the one who suggested I try clomid.
    TTC since May 2013