TTC After a Loss

UTI around time of miscarriages???

Hi ladies! I have had two miscarriages now. I had a mmc at 11 weeks, baby stopped growing around 9 weeks. At my 8 week appointment everything looked great- strong heart beat, measuring the right size... But they called a week after the appointment and told me I had a uti and put me on antibiotics.

Then just a few weeks ago I had an early miscarriage at 4 weeks. After the miscarriage I found out I had another uti. I have never had one before my first pregnancy so obviously they're pregnancy related for me... But I'm wondering how many of you have experienced similar situations?

Any feedback would be appreciated. I did ask my doctor after the first one and she said there was no way a uti can cause miscarriage... But I can't help but wonder...

Re: UTI around time of miscarriages???

• I actually had an uti when I miscarried too. I was around 5 weeks so I was early too like your second one. I hv no answers as to whether that's what caused it but it's interesting
  • Thanks for answering! I'll be doing everything I can to try to keep another uti from happening!
  • Loading the player...
  • Im the opposite. I'm uti central usually but I stopped getting them whilst I was pregnant. Now that I'm not they are back. How I manage them is cranberry tablets. Whenever I feel one coming on I take a handful (like 5-10) of tablets and then keep taking 1 twice a day. That usually fixes it. If I get one I take Hiprex- its an antibacterial that we can get in the pharmacies in Australia. That kills the bacteria.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• I picked up some cranberry tablets yesterday... I guess I just need to be more aware of how my body reacts. I don't get the normal symptoms (no burning) I only get back pain and frequent urination... So the first time I got it, when I was pregnant, I had no idea
  • I had a cold when we were trying up until i got my bfp with my 1st MC, the 2nd time i found out a few weeks later i had a uti but not sure if i had it during my 2nd mc. I'm hoping that i had my first one bc of all the cold meds i was on and my 2nd was just too soon after the first. I wont ever know for sure but the thought makes me feel ever worse about the whole thing.