Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Progesterone levels

Hi everyone. I have PCOS and my doctor sent me for progesterone tests, and I just got my results today. Day 20 was 2 and day 27 was 1.8. So I didn't ovulate. Frustrating. Anyone else in the same boat?

Re: Progesterone levels

• Options
    Are you temping to confirm ovulation?  Maybe you have long cycles and haven't ovulated yet.  
  • Options
    Hello! 
    I have PCOS as well... some cycles I dont ovulate, and others I usually ovulate late in my cycle (usually around CD28 or later). So it is possible that you just haven't O'd yet... 
    I recommend tempting so you can see what your cycles are doing and if you are even O'ing at all..
    ME: 24 | HIM: 30
    Dr put me on BC pills at age 18 to regulate period. 
    <3 Got Married July 2013  <3
    TTC: Since Jan. 2014. 
    Diagnosed with PCOS Fall 2014. (Not IR)
    Fertility Acupuncture March 2015 - December 2015
    First BFP on 2/6/2016!

(Typical Cycle length 35-48 days)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep! My progesterone was 1.4 last month - i kept testing with OPK's and never got a positive. Had a 48 day cycle. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    My doctor is supposed to call me today and hopefully send me for more tests. This is my 3rd cycle off BC and I just really want it to happen naturally.
  • Options
    BababattyBababatty member
    edited September 2015
    bsckgb7 said:

My doctor is supposed to call me today and hopefully send me for more tests. This is my 3rd cycle off BC and I just really want it to happen naturally.

Third cycle? It can EASILY take 90 days for your cycles to regulate after BC.  Even longer depending the BC.  I would slow waaaay down.  What kind of BC were you on and how long where you on it for?

QBF

Since she has PCOS, it seems likely that her doctor is being proactive if he/she is sending for tests.

ETA QBF
  • Options
    Doctor called me today and bumped my appointment from mid December to next week to start a schedule.
    I was on Dianne 35 for only 3 months to help with the pcos, and prior to that I was on Alesse the year before, stopped in January.
    We will see what happens. But I just can't stand the fact that my hormones are so out of sync.
  • Options
    Like PP said, it can take a while for your body to regulate itself after BC. Your progesterone seems really low to me. That's where you and your doctor should deffinitely start when he/she suggests testing. Last cycle when I had my blood drawn, progesterone level was a 10 and my RE told me that he still thought that was low. Maybe it's just your body regulating itself but it could be your PCOS. I'm not a doctor so I don't know but I would deff wait and see what your doc says.

Me: 30
    Hubs: 31
    Married: 05/04/2013
    BFP#1: Natural Loss; 8/12/14
    BFP#2: D&C 3/7/15

Chart Stalk:

• Options
    It's good that your doctor seems to be monitoring this, but I would definitely be temping if you aren't already. That way, you will have a better idea of where you O in your cycle. I have always had long cycles and can O anywhere from around CD26 to CD 36. Good luck!

• Options
    I just came off BCP and, based on recommendations from here, started temping and I'm so glad I did. If I wasn't I would be so stressed as to what my body was doing, knowing I am doing all I can from home to keep track of the situation is really a comfort.

Sorry I can't help out more than that, best of luck with the doc and getting your body back on track!