Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Sleeping

My 2 yr old used to just go to bed all on her own and then she stopped so we started reading to her before bed and that was working but now she cries for like 20 minutes after we're done reading and leave the room.any tips or suggestions?

Re: Sleeping

• Options

If she's not crying from illness or teething pain then I would just leave her. 20 minutes isn't that long actually. She's getting older, more aware and her sleep patterns are changing but that doesn't mean you have to start catering to her when she cries because she doesn't want to sleep.

If you don't want to just leave her to cry, you could wait 10 minutes, go in, rub her back say it's bedtime and walk out again. I don't suggest picking her up.

• Options
    And stay consistent!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank u.we have never been the type of parents to just cater to her when she's clearly doing it for attention.i just worry when it's such a change
  • Options
    Thank u.we have never been the type of parents to just cater to her when she's clearly doing it for attention.i just worry when it's such a change

Sorry if my "catering" comment sounded harsh. Didn't mean it that way!

As my son turned 1, then 2, then 3, his sleep changed a ton. I think that will just keep happening as they get older and smarter :)

• Options
    Sleep patterns change all the time. I believe in following lead/cues even for toddlers. Push up or push back bed time. Their bodies will  naturally develop a loose routine you can work from. 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.it reassuring that were not doin something wrong