April 2015 Moms
Options

No libido

Hi all, I just want to know if the majority of BF moms out there have low to non existent sex drives? I am taking a female sexuality class at my university and the textbook says many women experience a lowered drive due to hormones/dryness, etc. I am having weekly 'discussions' with my SO about how I just want him to back off and stop expecting something to happen when he wants to. I still manage to do 'something' once a week but I am irritated that I have to explain myself every week. I will be weaning at 6 months. Is anyone going through this?

Re: No libido

• Options
    NickiochNickioch member
    edited September 2015
    Big time. I have a 5 month old EBF and less than zero sex drive. We gave it a go at around 10 weeks post and a couple times since but it's way too painful to even get in there And even start anything. I feel sorry for my husband who is the most patient man on earth (and anyone pressured By their partners- I am so sorry and I think that's unbelievable and unfair and warrants a serious conversation!), especially since my libido left early in my pregnancy, so it's been forever And then some. I try to muster up the energy for some foreplay at least for him, but I hate that every time we try to have sex it makes me feel pain, emotionally as well. Though we're close in new ways of parenthood I miss the closeness and romance and it makes me sad. I feel guilty, even though my husband says he will wait until I'm ready and doesn't want to do it if I don't want to, but still, the poor guy :(