April 2015 Moms
Options

Anyone giving their 5-6 month old pureed home cooked soups or stews yet?

My baby has been eating either oatmeal, bananas, avocados, peas, green peas, squash (fruits & veggies) while I breastfeed and sometimes formula feed. She's been eating more this past week and looks very interested in our food. I was already giving my now 12 year old son pureed chicken soup, split peas, etc. I'm thinking of making her some chicken soup soon. Anyone started doing this yet? If so, any issues?

p.s.. - I know the new guidelines about exclusively BF or formula feeding until 6 months but my doc gave the ok at month 4 for cereal fruits & veggies and she is content with no issues except she seems like she wants more.

Re: Anyone giving their 5-6 month old pureed home cooked soups or stews yet?

• Options
    I would say go for it. You know your LO best. I met a mom the other day with a 7 month old and she had been giving him pureed meat from 5 months and he looked happy and healthy and developing!
  • Options
    Update: I made her chicken soup with potato and carrot. I made enough for 7 dinners. So far she's eaten 2 chicken soup dinners. She loved it and she got to sit with us at dinner and we all ate together. Every baby is different and ready at different times for more. I just read her cues and it worked out.