TTC After a Loss

This wait is torture!

I had an early MC at 4.5 weeks over Labor Day weekend. My doctor said we have to wait one complete normal cycle before we can try again and that this cycle doesn't count. So, that means it will be at least November before we can try again. It's killing me! I want a baby so badly! I'm still grieving the loss of my first baby but super anxious to get started trying again. I know my doctor wants my hormones to get back to normal before trying again, but I don't want to wait! Does anyone have suggestions for how to make the time pass without going crazy? Pretty sure DH would love to go just one day without having a conversation about my cycle. Bless his heart!

Re: This wait is torture!

• I don't have advice but I feel you. I am so anxious myself. I just want to be pregnant again.

• I am in the same boat.  I just had my D&C Friday.  Follow up appt in two weeks and hoping to see very low HCG levels and hopefully close to having a normal period.  We were also told to wait one cycle and then have the green light.  Our dream is to be pregnant again by Christmas.
  • Loading the player...
  • Us too! We're hoping that we will get pregnant pretty quickly this time and that we can announce to family by Christmas. That all depends on whether my body cooperates with us or not.
    Good luck! Hopefully you will have the best Christmas ever! :)
  • The waiting is so hard!  I've been reading a lot to take my mind off of things.
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's driving me crazy too. I've been trying to not let it, but it's so hard. I had my d&c two weeks ago and my dr wants us to wait two cycles before trying. I'm hoping to get a positive by Christmas too
  • @angelbab807 Are you going to wait two cycles or just one?
  • First I will say to follow your doctors advice because he knows your circumstances better. I did want to add to the discussion that my doctor said there wasn't a reason to wait to ttc except to get your cycle regular for dating purposes but with early u/s that wasn't necessary anymore. He said 1-2 months was the normal recommend time but said not to worry if it happened sooner, there wasn't an increased risk of mc. I had a blighted ovum and mmc with a d&c at 10 weeks.
  • Thank you for adding that info to the discussion. I was wondering if the risk of another MC was higher if I accidentally got pregnant earlier than he said. I assumed his advice was so that my hormones could even out and so that I would be able to better predict when I was ovulating, but I don't think he knows just how OCD I am about charting. Haha!
    He's also a new doctor for me. The first time he saw me was an office consult (just talking, no exam) after I got the test results back from my previous doctor's office.
  • I'm glad I could give you a different view. I have been seeing this ob/gyn since I was 18 ( 16 years) and he delivered my other 2 children. He has always been correct in my experience so I trust him. Originally I had planned to wait and do to that I think I missed ovulation following my mc, it appears to be pretty on schedule with my body treating the mc as a period. However after my 2 week follow up when my doctor told me that is when we decided not to prevent and just see what happens. Period should be due Monday so we will see.
    Good luck to you!
  • I really don't want to wait two cycles to start trying, but my doctor stressed he wants me to wait two to make sure my lining is healthy and strong enough to support a pregnancy. My husband said if it happens before the two cycles is up it happens and we'll just wait and see what the outcome is.
  • @Newlywed_Amanda , I was seeing my former doctor for over 15 years, too. I'm sad to leave him, but we moved about 45 min away to a bigger town with better medical facilities. I was planning to stick with him because I still work in that town, but the way that the practice he is in handled my mc was a complete nightmare. I don't think he ever knew what was going on because the on call doctor took my file and didn't tell him. I no longer feel like my health or the health of my future child/children is safe going there. It makes me sad, though. I think he would have given me different advice than the new doc because he knows me, knows I've never had health issues, and exactly how long we've been trying. However, the new practice is amazing! I like the new doctor and feel much more comfortable with the hospital where I will deliver future babies.
    @angelbab807 I agree with your husband! My husband says we should just be patient and do what the doctor said. He says it's just one more month which isn't that long in the grand scheme of things and that if we did get pregnant earlier and had complications, I would blame myself. He has a point, but the wait is so hard! I've just decided that if we accidentally get pregnant during this wait, that must be what is meant to be. I won't be upset if I get pregnant next month!
    It's just hard to wait. I'm 35 and have wanted children for a really really long time. We haven't been trying very long, but it took 10+ years for my life to be in a place where I was in a position to be ready to try. The few people who know what happened think I'm worried about my age, but it's not really that. I just want a baby so badly! It feels like life said, "Here you go. You can finally have your dream." And then three days later it said, "just kidding. Taking that back. You keep waiting."
  • I'm glad I could give you a different view. I have been seeing this ob/gyn since I was 18 ( 16 years) and he delivered my other 2 children. He has always been correct in my experience so I trust him. Originally I had planned to wait and do to that I think I missed ovulation following my mc, it appears to be pretty on schedule with my body treating the mc as a period. However after my 2 week follow up when my doctor told me that is when we decided not to prevent and just see what happens. Period should be due Monday so we will see.
    Good luck to you!

Good luck to you, too! Your experience has been helpful! I think I know when I ovulated, and it was right at 2 weeks after MC. Pretty sure my body treated it as a period because it was such an early MC. I have never wanted my period to start as bad as I do right now! Haha! Feels like once AF comes, I can start to plan ahead again. My cycle has always been super regular in the past. I'm hoping it gets right back on track following the MC. I'll be praying for regular cycles for all of us! :)
  • @kmmharrison your last paragraph could have been me speaking. Here's hoping the setback isn't too long!

• @kmmharrison your last paragraph could have been me speaking. Here's hoping the setback isn't too long!

Thanks! You too!