September 2015 Moms
Options

Stretch marks post pregnancy are real

Ugh. Just ugh! I got a few stretch marks during the last couple weeks of my pregnancy, which I don't like but what can you do? Well now I'm 13 days pp and I see some new ones!! Like seriously body you're going to do this to me?? :( Between this, bleeding, being super squishy and having a weird saggy pooch belly I feel like I will never, ever want to be naked again haha. DH however can't wait, he asks everyday if I'm still bleeding and when my Dr. appointment is! We all know where his mind is lol.

Re: Stretch marks post pregnancy are real

• Options
    Lol love your tiger stripes, you ferocious momma!
  • Options
    That's when all mine showed up. Once all the weight went away they showed up. Don't worry no one but you sees them :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So they really do show up post-pregnancy huh? I have no stretch marks right now at 40 +3 and was hoping it would stay that way. Boo.
  • Options
    @rjanice haha I love them and hate them.

@thefuturemrsdaniel Oh boo, I'm hoping I don't get too many, I'm trying to lose extra weight also so I'm hoping I don't get more!

@BabyLoto Yes, the rumors are true, they really do! Hopefully it wont happen to you. I only gained 10 lbs so I don't understand where these are coming from! I didn't even get a big belly...
  • Options
    I agree with the saggy belly-- I had a c-section and haven't even looked at my incision because I'd have to lift my saggy belly to do so and that makes me sad! I wasn't a tiny girl before, but I think it will be a while before I feel sexy again!

DH is a nurse and was checking my stitches for me and started talking about how some of my stretch marks were never going to fade. He's super sweet and didn't mean anything by it, but it made me sad too!
  • Options
    @mgv&sks Aw :( Doesn't he know women don't want to hear that?? Always tell us they will fade, lie if you need to haha. Yeah the saggy belly is the worst, it's just all mushy and looks weird in my jeans.
  • Options
    Ruh roh....what if you already have a bunch of stretch marks, are there more to come?? I'm 40 + 6 and my stomach looks like I was attacked by a dragon!  X_X Oh well, not too much I can do about it. Just rock it with pride, I suppose!
  • Options
    I had a few show up postpartum with DD1 too. They weren't visible during the pregnancy at all. This time, so far, no new ones. They do fade!
  • Options
    Oh no, don't tell me this. I literally had a crying meltdown 5 mins ago because I looked at my huge bump and realized that at almost 39 weeks I have developed huge stretch marks. Waaaaaahhhhh :-o I never got any on my belly during my first pregnancy and I've gained less weight this time so this was really unexpected and unwelcome. I can deal with the ones on my hips but not my belly!!! And now you tell me I could get more post-partum. Think I'll go have another crying fit ... darn hormones!
  • Options
    Yeah stretch marks suck. Soon they just become a part of you and you get over it. I got wrecked with them my first pregnancy and they're just getting bigger this time. Some have just gotten longer. My stomach is covered:( they do fade a lot so if you don't have them too bad they might not be noticeable later on.
  • Options
    @mgv&sks Aw :( Doesn't he know women don't want to hear that?? Always tell us they will fade, lie if you need to haha. Yeah the saggy belly is the worst, it's just all mushy and looks weird in my jeans.
  • Options
    This! I didn't get any stretch marks (that I could see) during pregnancy. After birth however, I looked down at my belly and I have small shallow stretch marks :((
  • Options
    I am three weeks postpartum and am sporting a serious linea negra stripe.
  • Options
    I'm so glad that I used lotion on my stomach during my pregnancy. I'd hate to see what these stretch marks would have looked like if I didn't.
    I don't think they are that bad but I have a floppy tummy and c-section incision that I refuse to look at even though my husband says that it looks amazing.
    Thank goodness the cooler weather is coming so I can wear more clothes to cover up. Lol!
    Btw, I'm 1 week postpartum. This has been an interesting ride!
  • Options
    monicaP said:

Also this! I thought this thing was supposed to go away :-q
  • Options
    Also this! I thought this thing was supposed to go away :-q

Right?? I'm 3 weeks pp also and that pesky little line is still there. Still all these marks and scars are worth it, every time I see my little one smile I get so happy!