Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Having a hard time.

I was on birth control for almost 10 years. I went off it the end of December and I found out I was pregnant in March. We were both so excited. A week later I started bleeding we went to the er where they told me it was a miscarriage. I was about 5 weeks pregnant. They said to call my doctor and have my hcg levels checked Ina couple days. Instead of my hcg levels going down mine went up. It was a long process but the doctor determined it was an ectopic pregency. I had to get a methotrexate shot. I'm so scared to try and get pregnant agin. I don't know if I can go through that again. Everyone around me is pregnant. I just cry every time I hear someone else announce their pregency and I think about how far along I would be now. I'm not sure how to get through this. Everyone says it will get easier and we just need to try again. I just don't know if I can.

Re: Having a hard time.

• I'm so sorry you're going through this.  You should definitely wait to try again until you are ready.  I was surprised by how emotionally draining it has been to lose a pregnancy at 5 weeks, and having to go back to the doctor over and over again only seems to make it harder to move on.  People who haven't been though it just don't understand.  There will probably always be a worry about it happening again, but you should speak with your doctor if you have specific concerns or questions about the likelihood of it happening again, which might help you feel more comfortable.  If that doesn't help, perhaps consider speaking with a grief counsellor or a therapist.
  • I miscarried in April at about 9w after trying for a year. For me, it has gotten easier as time has gone on. We have been trying for months now. Every time that I hear someone new is pregnant I get so sad and cry when I'm alone.