Secondary IF
Options

What happens if a cycle is cancelled mid cycle?

Based on my CD 9 follicle check yesterday and the fact that I am still spotting I expect my cycle to get cancelled tomorrow.  I am wondering what happens? Obviously I stop taking the meds but will I ovulate? How long until a period comes etc??

The dr said I was still spotting due to the femara and low estrogen.  I thought it was finally stopping yesterday but then woke up this morning and its def still there meaning my estrogen isn't rising.  he's having me take two more injections (last night and tonight and going in tomorrow to see if my estrogen is rising and my follicles are growing. I am assuming if i'm still spotting it's not rising and i'm trying to prepare myself for what comes next with this cycle.

Then I wonder what will come next for future cycles if I didn't respond htis month.  We almost did an all injectable cycle and I'm wondering if doing the combo was a mistake..one too many months for my body on femara. 

Re: What happens if a cycle is cancelled mid cycle?

• Options
    I never did IUI so I can't answer your questions about that but I'm hoping you can get some answers and a good plan.
    Me: 31     DH: 33
    Dx: Me: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss; DH: Low Morphology (2%)
    BFP#1: MC 3/1/11 at 6w1d - EDD 10/21/11
    BFP#2: 5/3/11 - EDD 1/9/12 - DD Born 1/6/12
    TTC #2 since 12/13
    BFP#3: MC 2/8/14 at 4w5d - EDD 10/13/14
    BFP#4: MC 5/6/14 at 4w4d - EDD 1/9/15
    BFP#5: MMC discovered 8/4/14 at 9w1d - D&C 8/5/14 - Baby Boy with Trisomy 16 (maternal origin) - EDD 3/8/15
    BFP#6: CP 11/6/14 at 4w2d - EDD 7/14/15
    IVF #1 with ICSI & PGS: May/June 2015, ER 6/3/15, 17R/17M/15F
    IVF #2 with ICSI & PGS: July 2015, ER 7/16/15, 16R/11M/9F
    PGS results = 6 normal embryos (4 boys, 2 girls)
    FET 9/23/15 = BFFN
    Natural FET 11/4/15 = BFP!
    Beta 9dp5dt = 92

• Options
    I've never done a combo cycle, but if you had a follie growing then you should still ovulate.

Femara did not work with me...I always ovulated early taking it. But it has a much shorter half-life (meaning it stays in your system less time) than clomid. So past use should not have affected the current cycle.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

DD conceived after 3 years of ttc.
    MFI - DH had varicocele repair and took Clomid to get DD b. 02/2010

TTC #2 since 6/2010
    10/2012 DH diagnosed with Epilepsy
    A few failed IUIs summer 2012 and 2013. 
    DH taking clomid and waiting to see if he needs another vericocele repair. 
    Hoping for a 2015 baby or babies. 
    Wishing, hoping, waiting.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think CD 9 is too early to cancel with Femara/clomid cycles. I did 3 hybrid IUIs with clomid and bravelle and I never ovulated before CD18. Even with my all injectable IUI cycle that was successful and produced my son, I stimmed for 20 days. I think it is common to respond later to the pills than the straight up inject meds. I never had anything measurable until after CD 10 and even then they were usually like 10mm. I know this post was a few days ago, so I hope you ended up responding. :)
    ~~ All Welcome~~
    ME: 32, SER aggregates on eggs, anovulatory
    DH:  33, 2% morphology
    TTC #1 
    2 clomid cycles, 3 hybrid clomid/bravelle IUI's = 4 BFN/1 CP@ 5.5 weeks
    IUI #6 -Follitism IUI cycle converted to IVF and back to IUI-4 mature, 3 maybe mature = BFP!!   DS Born 9/2014
    TTC#2 
    IVF #1 9/15 Antagonist- 19 R 1F (Frozen day 1 @ 2PN stage) Diagnosed with SER aggregates in 13/19 eggs after failed fertilization
    IVF #2 11/15 Antagonist w/ICSI  (Higher stims & Letrosole added last minute on stim day 7)- 39R, 24M (20/24 SER free), 15F (14/15 SER free & all frozen @ 2PN stage) 
    FET#1 Cultured all 16- 2pn embryos to day 5- transferred 1 good hatching blast and 1 early blast on 1/28- None to freeze - beta 2/5