Health & Exercise

How early did you tell your workout class instructors you were pregnant?

Pascal86Pascal86 member
edited September 2015 in Health & Exercise
I'm currently doing ClassPass (membership allows you to go to a wide variety of gyms), and so I go to a lot of different gyms, with even more instructors. I don't really want to tell each of them I'm 5 weeks pregnant every time I go to a new class, but also want to make sure I'm being safe about everything. Mostly doing yoga, some circuit/weights classes, and spinning. I'm considering just finding one gym that has good prenatal classes eventually, but I really like going to my wide variety of gyms, so curious about how other people handled telling class instructors that they may not have known well/at all.

Best Answer

Re: How early did you tell your workout class instructors you were pregnant?

• Pretty much as soon as everything was confirmed
    3 of my instructors are the only people who know other than hub and I oh and the doc . I feel better them knowing for safety 
    I'm I'm a pole dancer and fairly advanced 
    And I do contortion which can be quite intense and I also informed yoga instructor because I thought she could assist with postures I can do at home .
    But I am also friends with her and the b pole instructor and know they won't blab and feel more comfortable having them know 
    I think I was about 6 wk when I told my pole teacher as she was noticing my fatigue and nausea and offering advice on supliments and other stuff that it might be so I needed to tell her so she stopped worrying 
    Others at 8 and 9 weeks